Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Hindle slip on system for my 03 636. The canister came in but they are saying the mid-pipe is on back order until 8/8/03. Anyone know anything about this? Are thye nopt out yet or are they just out of them? I bought the slip on through a friend at a dealership and got the can and pipe for $258 so I don't mind waiting. I even called pipe city and they couldn't gte it either. They checked parts unlimited which is where the system was ordered from and all 6 of their warehouses did not have them.

·
Registered
133 Posts
yeah i got mine on the other day...so dealers still have them, but hindle might be out, but i`m just talking about Canada, so i don`t know about the us...but good luck getting it in, Hindle ROCKS!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, they must just be out of them right now. I guess I will just have to be patient. I still need to find a place that has heavy duty clutch springs to fit our bikes. I think Barnett has them but I cannot find anywhere that has them listed. Anyone have any suggestions on where to get the heavy duty clutch springs?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found one. I got it from Street and Comp, Hindle's main US importer. It will be here in 2 days. Cost me $19 more than going through my buddy but I think $19 is worth a 2 day wait instead of a 2-3 week wait.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, my buddy called me back after I ordered this one and said that Parts Unlimited showed that the mid pipe shipped on 7/25 when he went to cancel the order. Last ngiht while I was at the shop it said back ordered. Nice. So I call Street and Comp and luckily it did not ship so I cancelled that order since the other one is on the way. I got the polished aluminum can because it looks good with the silver and the low mid-pipe. $258 for both. Couldn't beat it. He said it should be in tomorrow or the next day. I hope he is right. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like. I have to tighten up my headers as well because I think that is where the 03 ticking noise is coming from.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey mig do you have a Hindle High mount Slip-on on your bike? If so how much did you pay for it and did you keep your passenger pegs as well. I am thinking of getting a Hindle for my 636 maybe next month so I am looking around for best price, quality and sound, I think for what I hear they are pretty good to have, well thanks man.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My buddy called me this morning and the mid-pipe is in. I will be installing my Hindle slip-on tonight. Whoo-hoo!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I installed my Hindle slip-on. I wish they included some instructions to take the doubt out of the installation but it went fairly easy. Of course it was raining here so I only got to start it and it sounded like my Micron did on my old 93 CBR600. I will be interested to here what it sounds like when I get on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.