Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used like three maps from powercommanders website with no luck. Emailed the tech a couple times:( I have a muzzy slip-on and bmc filter. Bike just runs rough and has alot of backfiring?? It ran fine before the mods?? If anyone could pm me a custom map it would be greatly appreciated.[8D]

·
Registered
104 Posts
getting a dyno place to do u a custom map is probly the best way to go! might cost a bit but meh its worth it...

i would get the map out of my bike but i think it will go all screwy for u being an Aussie bike or maybe that doesnt matter ? u guys have worse fuel huh ? my map was done with 98 octane in it dunno if that would affect things for u having different fuel.

btw my map is good for 116.7 hp atw and 49 ft lbs of torque :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn sounds like a good map, and yes are fuel sucks:( I think the octane thing would just mess things up even more. Thanks anyway hopefully someone else can help me out:D

If someone donates a nice map in good faith, i could in return donate a service manual in return:)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hi Jimmy,
In the UK we have 95 octane, my bike has K&N air filter and micron slipon exhaust. i tried the website maps with varying degrees of success and in the end saved up for the custom map.
What a difference well worth the money 114.3bhp and 47ft ILbs and its really the low to midrange that makes it worth while its soo much smoother.
Backfiring![:0] thats running rich isnt it? (unburnt fuel in the exhaust)
Have you tried manually adjusting the PC by one led to reduce the mixture?
You can have a copy of my map:D done at http://www.pdq1.com/ but as mitch has already said custom is the best way to go.
Whats your email?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by lbknuckles
Hi Jimmy,
In the UK we have 95 octane, my bike has K&N air filter and micron slipon exhaust. i tried the website maps with varying degrees of success and in the end saved up for the custom map.
What a difference well worth the money 114.3bhp and 47ft ILbs and its really the low to midrange that makes it worth while its soo much smoother.
You can have a copy of my map:D done at http://www.pdq1.com/ but as mitch has already said custom is the best way to go.
Whats your email?
email is [email protected] thanks!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
hey, just got the same problem.. 04 636 and a muzzy slip-on and K&N.. but can't find any maps. Has anyone got one specific? Would you mind emailing me the map too?
[email protected]

for me to get a dyno run set up would cost NZ$500!!!!!! [xx(]

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
500nzd thats the going rate in the UK £170 for a decent map.
Have sent you my map as well.
good luck.
:)
Since the UK has 95 octane will that affect my bike if I use your map with US octane?? Thanks again for the map:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Jimmy,
Whats your email?
how much did it cost for the custom map?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The us octane shouldnt effect it , the higher octane gives a more stable fuel i think less pinking/pre-ignition and, higher octane higher compressions can be run, the air/fuel ratio is what would effect the engine. But all engines are looking for the ideal air fuel ratio, this is where the air filter and exhaust come in to the equation.
Michael the mapping cost £170 and worth evry penny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.