Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You can not start the Kawasakis without having a actual physical key in the ign. It is part of the ign interrupt even on the US models that dont have the immobilizer.

From what I have heard there is a way to bypass it as the racers have to do it but not many of them are willing to share the secret.

To verify this put the key in the ign adn turn it on and see if the remote starter works.

I am with him and the soon to be others, why would you want to put a remote starter on the bike. That means you bypassed almost every fail safe sensor on the bike to make it work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will start with the key in it!!! I want to warm my shit up in the morning!!! Why not !! All of the stock saftey functions work on mine!!! When I try to start it with the remote start the "FI" light flashes....

Thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
157 Posts
You really dont have to warm it up that long. It's not a car.

Turn engine on, put on all your gear, and the bike is ready to go by the time you are.

It's just another headache that you don't need man.

·
Registered
567 Posts
ask XxDevilzeroxX (i think that's his name) he had the cleanest '04 636 I've seen, w/ remote start....

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ok so with the key in the ign. not on the bike will start with the remote start. If it does than u either need to A: bypass the key cylinder sensor (as a racer cuz they run them keyless) or B: get a second key programmed to work in the bike and buy a bypass module for a car and make it work. I would HIGHLY suggest taking this to an authorized remote start install place. I work on them all day at my job and remote starts can suck ass big time. Its not worth fucking something up that can be avoided by taking it somewhere. Plus if something does get fucked up they pay for it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well here we go... I own a shop, an electrical shop. I figured it out and all the factory features still exist. I was just looking for some help on the bypass, not other peoples opinions. Thanks but no thanks. If your serious about making the remote start work on your bike PM me and I can explain how to make it work safely.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Crazy636rider said:
Well here we go... I own a shop, an electrical shop. I figured it out and all the factory features still exist. I was just looking for some help on the bypass, not other peoples opinions. Thanks but no thanks. If your serious about making the remote start work on your bike PM me and I can explain how to make it work safely.

I want to know what you did to bypass the immobilzers. i tried to PM you but you aren't accepting PM's. you can PM me on here or email me at [email protected]

thanks,
nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts