Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was woundering if anybody knows a good map for the 03 636 with a powercommander with high mount m4 slip-on and stock everything else. they have maps on the web site and that came with a disk but only for a full sys for the m4. anybody have any help thanks nice board.

·
Registered
882 Posts
...I'm going to guess and say that you can probably get away with the mapping for a full system.

What have you got to lose?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
No, stick with the slip on maps. The full exhaust maps are too specific to the exhausts they work with, and are much further from stock mapping than a slip on will require. Try downloading a few of the different slip on maps and play around with them to see which one suits it best. Because the high-exit slip ons have an extra bend or two, the airflow isn't QUITE as free-flowing as a straight exit pipe, so maybe try for a slip on with a little more baffling... maybe Arrow or Micron? I think you'll find those maps will be pretty close, but the only way to get a perfect map is to pay for one - have a shop create one for you in dyno testing. That's a heavy price to pay for mapping for a slip on though...

·
Registered
36 Posts
to get the full benefit of a power commander you definitely need to have a custom fuel map written for it.

only a dealer with a dynojet 250 dyno will realistically be able to do this properly and it will take about 3 hours labour. you will then have a fuel map for your specific bike and exhaust/filter which will be correct right through the rev range and for different throttle openings.

the downloadable fuel maps will be at least 95% right but to get it spot on get it set up properly.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I don't see any maps on powercommander.com for a high mount exhaust??? I will be getting a micron high mount slip on with a K+N filter. Would I be wasting some of the potential of teh powercommander by using a generic slip-on map?

P.S.- I was about to order the power commander a few minutes ago, but the place where they come from is in North Las Vegas Nevada. I live IN north Las Vegas, so I am going to head down there at lunch...maybe they have a bike dyno.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.