Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try to move it left and right to get it to snap into the lock. Just make sure the hangers are on right and then put it in the whole and just move it left and right and it will fall into place.

Always check the thing after you put it on and while riding. There have been reports of flying Seat Cowls :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone,

What is the trick to get the rear seat cowling on? I can get the seat on just fine, but the cowling refuses to click in.

Whats the trick?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Get behind the bike after puting the forks in and push it forward and down until it locks. Don't let the first click fool you, the louder click is it locking.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have to give mine a huge smack. I'm thinking of adding some washers under the screws to make the locking ring sit a little lower for a sure engagement.
i have had mine fly up 3x on me, lucky it didnt fly off. I did lose a pack of ciggarettes though! I always jerk up on mine to make sure its locked now.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I seat the cowl's forks fully (as far forward as possible), then I close the cowl, at which point it has a "thunk" -- but you're not done until you press it again and you hear a sharper "clack". (Excuse the technical jargon. [:eek:)])

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I find if you set the front end in properly, then sorta push the back in a bit and wiggle it, it slides down and then just push down till you hear a good "click"... trust me on this one, if you don't actually hear a solid click, don't drive away, start all over again!!!

Check out this thread

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
111 Posts
I fixed this problem on my 03. Now it easily slides in. I took a dremel tool and attached a wire brush to it. I took this brush to the circular guide pin that fits into the frame. I basically ground down the sides of the guide pin and then took the edge off of the guide pin. I basically shorten the circumference of the guide pin by shaving it down. It now works as effortlessly as the seat.

Hope this helps,
David C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.