Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The number one problem just sounds like the pads rubbing the rotors.Normal.For number two problem,try varying the amount you set the enrichner at and give it a bit of throttle.Or are you saying the starter stops before you let go of the button?That would be electrical.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for the info on #1.

For #2, I'm used to my engine starting after turning just once. (That was the case with my old EX500). So after just one turn, I let go of the starter, and it ends up being insufficient. It seems like I have to hold the starter for at least two turns before the engine will start.

(Sorry for the messy terms. As you can tell, I'm not mechanically inclined. [:I])

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
good tip for #2
turn ignition on, then flick the red start switch to the on position. 50% of the time you will hear a liitle noice like eeeeeeeet. The noise is a slight bit of gas being injected. If you dont hear that noice when you flick the switch, turn only the key to the off position and then right back to the on position and you will hear it then. By using this method you will always get it started on the first tap of the start button.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I noticed a couple of things about my 03 636:

1. When I'm just walking the bike (e.g., parking it) I can hear a scraping or dragging sound, sort of high pitched, like something rough scraping against metal. Is this normal? (I experienced the same thing with my old EX500)

2. The bike is bnew (only 130 miles so far) but when I start it, it usually takes another two tries before it starts. (I press start, it cranks, I let go, nothing... I press it again, it cranks, then starts.) Is this normal? Or does it indicate a weak battery? Maybe the dealer didn't prep the battery properly?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
354 Posts
My '03 has an enrichner....but I don't use it (live in So Cal)....I start it like tommyboynjataol says fires every time with one push of the button...but I have never noticed how many times the engine turns over...maybe 2 or 3 times

·
Registered
36 Posts
not to insult your intellingence...but are you choking it? if it's cold you obviously want to open the choke... again you knew this but...some may not realize the necessity...peace

Matt

·
Registered
171 Posts
Dude there is no choke on 03 They are FUEL INJECTED the switch that looks like a choke like on an 02 is just a fast idler

·
Registered
59 Posts
03 has a choke or fast idler???...either way it works for me...I let it warm up using the choke/idler and I have had no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.