Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete set of mint silver 03 636 bodywork for sale. It includes everything pictured below (upper, left side, right side, tail, solo tail cover, undertail, and front fender).

I would perfer to sell as an entire set for $800.00 (plus shipping if required).

Everything is in perfect condtion. It was only used for the first 700 or so miles.

You can email me offers for pieces if you want but I won't part it out until it's obvious no one wants the whole thing.

The gas tank is not available as I have already had it repainted along with the race bodywork that's going on it now.

[email protected]

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you decide to part it out, I may be interested in the right side fairing. Let me know.

If you are racing it, did you install a set of rearsets? If so, I may be interested in your stock right footpeg as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turn9,

It looks like I would have to package it all into two boxes both of which are right at the size limits. Assuming San Diego as a guestimate for southern CA, it would be $60.00 using FedEx ground. UPS ground looks like about $90.00. USPS parcel post was really high - about $185.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mikey,

So far I've been too cheap to buy rearsets and a shock and exhaust are closer to the top of the "would be nice list" than rearsets. I have some of the other smaller race take off items (blinkers, pass. seat, left switches, etc.) that I will probably be posting for sale once I get time to sort through it and make a list.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
do you still have the plastic or have you gotten rid of them very interested in them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Technically the set is not sold at this time but I think it should be soon. I'm trying to respond to the people that said they would take it in order and I feel like I should give people at least 24 hours to respond to my email before I move on since not everyone can check email all day.

So I'm sorry if I have not gotten back to the people that posted here or emailed me yet as I'm waiting to hear back from someone who inquired first. But since I have a couple people on the list that say they will take it, not just are interested, I'm hoping it will be sold soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bodywork is now officially sold and I've learned a few things that hopefully will make future parts sales easier on everyone (or at least myself).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sure. I was too worried about everything including "protocol" since I don't sell much and no longer trust ebay for anything.

I thought shipping for two such large boxes would vary greatly. Really I should have just figured out what it would cost me to send it the furthest and given one total price. Anyone living next door just pads my profits. Such is life. But I just hate seeing things on ebay with shipping that is clearly intended to pad the profit so a lower more enticing starting price can be used.

I felt like I needed to be "fair" in preserving order of response. The problem is, I left myself open to email, forum posts, and forum PMs so it's hard to find a fair order. Some people don't even have email addresses registered with the forum for the public. I found myself in the middle of forum conversions and email conversions at the same time.

Furthermore, someone saying "interested" sometimes starts an email exchange that can take days when then all of a sudden you get a "I'll take it" or even "I'll take and give you more". I'm still not sure how to handle it when my idea of being fair to a first-response means I have to ignore people further down the list for some length of time when sometimes the first contacts might back out or never respond. I didn't want to tell someone "yes, I still have it so it's yours" then when they respond with "I'll take it" I say, "sorry, I lied, I just sold it to someone else". But sometimes people just never respond so I tried to set a time limit and move on. But everyone has differect rates of checking email. So you basically got screwed by what I was trying to avoid. Sorry. Next time I won't even try to avoid doing that since it's going to happen anyway.

I should not have said I would part it out if I can't sell it all. I should have just said "I will only sell it as a set". Then if it didn't sell, start other threads with each part.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.