Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my 636 I noticed the steering seemed off. I tried adjusting the rear wheel alignment but that only helped some. The sterring is actually off. The bike feels like it pulls right. So I lined up thebars to where they feel straight and low and behold the front wheel is pointing right. Also had a friend sit on the bike, hold the bars where he felt they were straight and again got the same result. How is this poissible on a new bike that has never been wrecked or laid down? Anyone else experience this? Is it normal?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
How long have you had it? Sounds like it would be going back to the dealer to me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like that is what will be happening. I had used the string method and straight edge method and the wheels were always in line. So it has to be that the triple tree is not lined up with the forks. I hope thye can put this in something that secures the bike then line the bars up. The shop doesn't assemble the steering column do they? I thought when they are in the crate just the wheels are off?

·
Registered
11 Posts
IF the dealer gives you any gruff (like its normal for it to be off) get the bike checked out by Computrack. I know of at least one other Kawasaki current year model that has a very serious issue with the head alignment. If it is beyond a certain degree it is dangerous.

If you need more info on computrack lemme know and i dig it up. I will say one of the members of the ZRXOA is currently pursing legal action to get his bike corrected after Kaw refused any remedy on his bike.

Good luck. And i certainly hope its not a frame issue. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.