Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please let me know the best suspension settings for this bike. i weigh 165 lbs dry. add more with leathers.

i have tried every suspension change on this site..the bike is still too stiff. i would say that the majority of the bumps just kick my ass. i feel that my suspension does not absorb the bumps..any input would be greatly appreciated.

for the love of pete, please help!!!!![:p]

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
On this bike the rear spring is way too stiff and the rebound is too fast as well. Up front the springs are too soft.

The solution:

Get some taughter fork springs for the front and either have your rear end re-valved or get an Ohlins.

Everything you need can be had from my man Dan Kyle at www.kyleusa.com There are few people out there as into the ZX-6R's as Dan is, he knows EVERYTHING! Give him a try.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. Thank you very much for the input. I will have to do what you said. I love this damn bike. Once I sort out the suspension, it's gonna be fkn sweet.

kyleusa.com is good stuff. I ordered Sato frame sliders from him.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i dont see why so many have trouble im 5'11 and weigh 120 and the bike rides good even ehen i get on it i have had my suspension adjusted though. i ride it pretty hard at times too. the only thig i noticed once was when i downshifted hard and opened her alot coming off a curved off ramp the rear bounce a little nothig major. remember its a race bike not a street cruiser.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actaully, I'm aware that it's a so called "race bike". I've been on "race bikes" for about 10 years. If I want a cruiser, I'll just take my dad's bike out. I also go on the track. So I ride it pretty damn hard, too.

You have to admit, Kawi sets their bikes up pretty stiff. I just needed some advice on how to soften it up a bit more so the forks and shock actually absord something..instead of knocking my nutz into the tank everytime I hit a bump. My other bikes were much softer for some reason. Especially the R6.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I have the same problem riding on the street. The rear is a little stiff IMO.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
What about adjusting the factory settings for the preload/rebound? Have you tried this yet? I'm wondering if it's worth messing with. I've always had my suspension work done on my motocross bikes...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i actually have an appointment with the mechanic where i bought my bike. hopeful;ly i learn some things..i will relay the info on thrusday.

i have tried playing around with all of the settings. still too stiff for my taste. i have a feeling once i loosen back off on the rear preload, things may be better for me.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I might go that route. Keep me posted...

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Originally posted by 636RIDER

i dont see why so many have trouble im 5'11 and weigh 120 and the bike rides good even ehen i get on it i have had my suspension adjusted though. i ride it pretty hard at times too. the only thig i noticed once was when i downshifted hard and opened her alot coming off a curved off ramp the rear bounce a little nothig major. remember its a race bike not a street cruiser.
Dude, you weigh 120!!! No wonder it feels nice for you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.