Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember I posted about two weeks ago about about the complete tranny failure on my brand new babied 636? Still waiting! I stopped at the shop today and looked at the bike. It hadn't been moved! Two weeks, bike was three weeks old when I brought it in. They did the initial service and I bought it from them, now it's been sitting two weeks in their service dept! I talked to the dealer manager today after whining to the service manager for two weeks. He said he didn't know I had brought it in and would look into it for me and call. No call back.... Man I wanna ride and my competion werks fender eliminator, with short stalks, Dyno jet PC-III USB, and K and N filter came in already. Also two new pair of Icon shorty gloves. So Aprilia Mille R is still awaiting delivery of the triple clamps for reassembly, and the 636 is down indef, and My T/A is on a used car lot for sale. My old faithful Chevy P/U just isn't killin my speed Jones.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would call customer service directly at Kawasaki - they should be able to put some pressure on your dealer. It is BS for the bike to sit there untouched.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
If you bought the bike from them then I'd demand it gets looked at right away, thats disgusting to have a brand new bike sit there.

I could see if you bought it somewhere else, it's common practise for dealerships to work on their own cutomers bikes before someone elses (they make almost nothing on warranty work, even lose money often, so if they never made a profit from you (selling you a bike) they are not motivated to work on it.

I also suggest calling Kawi directly. Inform them of the issue and that you want something done about it. The dealerships all have to be licensed to sell Kawi's, and Kawi can take that away, so getting a call from Kawi should light a fire under their asses..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.