Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been hearing it's no biggy. is it really? i'v tried it without jerking and it seems no where near where it wants to come up. how do you do it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe you all dont understand my question. let me rephrase. i have heard that doing wheelie on 2nd gear is no problem on the latest 636. i have tried even with jerking but doesnt even budge.

·
Registered
558 Posts
doug how much do you weigh? cos mine don't wanna budge either, all i get is wobble action from pullin' to hard. i don't think i'm standing the right way though, i think i gotta have my body not hanging over the front and work on my timing.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I can get my 99 and my 636 up in second. I can get my 636 up in third to with out a problem. Just try, try and try again.

I just pull the throttle up to about 9,000 rpms and let off just enough to let the front end dive down and then rip the throttle wide open and pull at the same time.

It's all about practice. Ohh and BTW I weigh about 165.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'm in the same boat, can't get it up in second, i know its my position or timing, b/c it comes up an inch or two at 10k while i'm sitting. should i be standing strait up or kinda bent with my ass back? and is it a good idea to get the stand up wheelie down in 1st to get used to it. everyone i talk to says only do 1st gear sit downs.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
It's all pretty much in the bounce guys. Just practice the "bounce" if you know someone that can do them, great look at them doing it. You have to use your legs and arms and push down on the bike as if you're about to jump and as you're coming down give throttle and bend knee's and it should come up. If it doesn't just keep trying the bounce, that's what it's all about...don't pull. That's how you crash :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.