534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here done it yet?
What kind of gains seen?
yadda yadda yadda?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You probably won't get more hp by altering cam timing but you can move it around. Advancing the cams will move the hp to higher rpm, retarding the cams will move the hp to lower rpms.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I was just over in your neck of the woods. Went to visit a friend over by San Augustine/Crocket. Damned f*ck-bugs were so bad I had to stop and scrape them off my visor ever hour so I could see.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Back in the old days (1997, e.g.) a guy in the know installed slotted cam sprockets to my '95 Gixxer 750. He re-degreed the cams to 108/108 (intake/exhaust). Those were the "sweet" numbers he'd cooked up. Stock were 110/106 or similar. Word was things weren't quite right from the factory, to meet emissions rules.

He did this work in conjunction with a tight valve adjustment and alignment of the intake manifolds, plus Factory jet kit and Yoshimura pipe. All this netted me some midrange and ten HP, not bad all things considered.

Point is, if I'm not mistaken the RR has slotted cam sprockets. I do not know if same's true for the R. Stock, they may or may not be "optimal" for performance. The RR's a platform to build something wild, though I realize a lot of guys ride them around for prestige value alone.

I haven't the vaguest what the ideal numbers are for the cams. I'm sure Mr. Kyle and others tuners certainly have ideas, but may or may not let that cat out of the bag.

-=DRB=-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.