Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paying the tax at dmv really sucked, since somehow their list value of it was 1000 bucks more than everyone elses... i paid tax on 7200 bucks. Whatever.

Anyways, i got to go for a 55 mile ride afterwards. No where too exciting, just taking it easy and getting useud to the bike. It's not quite as comfortable as the 6e but the looks and additional power make up for that double time. I got it up to probably 8 or 9k rpms tops...just to see what its about and its amazing.

Stopped by my mechanic. My left front blinkner needs to be replaced and chain needs to be tightened a bit when I get a chance. Tires hav esom egood meet, but at the rate I drive ill be getting new ones in probably 6 - 8 weeks. Sweet :)

I see what everyone is saying about the odometer though, you can't see it with the cable in the way when you've got he forks straight while riding.... but it's no big deal...

I should be able to get out for some more tomorrow if it doesn't rain. :)

·
Registered
507 Posts
1. Congrats on the bike- be safe and get to know the bike
2. HOPEFULLY you are not PAYING the mechanic to change a blinker bulb and tighten your chain ?!?!?!
3. PICS --> Gotta have some pics

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, I am taking it easy getting to use the bike. I can feel how it takes more effort to get leaned over that my 6e, but the torque and mid range grunt around town and all out is just insane. I think it's a beautiful bike as well.

Here is my myspace page... theres two cool pics there... a very cool one of the bike infront of my house, and another nice one of my bike next to my gfs 01 trans am.

Myspace.com/rockstar122684

I have never actually tightened the chain myself, and my mechanics do a great job and hook me up with great deals. The blinker is a flush mount, I'd have to take the fairings off and get to the led.... actually I have to buy a new one because part of it is broken. Anyways, check out the pictures.

Did 55 miles today, looks like it's raining tomorrow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
nice bike! by the socket end for your back wheel and do the chain maintenance yourself. maybe your mech will let you 'help' put the blinkers in. take the fairing off once and you'll see it's not that bad. that odo cable will move. i moved mine anyway.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool, it would be nice to move that cable a little to see trip meter better when in flight.

I'll post up more mas I put more miles on. Thanks fore the compliment.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the sound of it... my other bike had a stock pipe and I only have about a years riding experience, but to me it sounds great. I hope the cops don't bother me much about it... or the vertical swing arm license plate :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You. I'm very paranoid about trying to keep it that way. :)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks man, I was losing sleep over the fact that I didn't have a bike, and now im losing almost as much sleep because I can't quite ride it enough to get satisfied because I've been busy, away from home, and the weather hasn';t been too great.

The bike only had 3900 miles and I will probably double that by ..... the end of may or so.

I love the 6e, it was my first bike, very comfortable and great memories.

This bike is not quite as comfortable, but the acceleration, torque, looks, after market goodies etc make up for it. I will keep posting as I have more rides on it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The 9R really is an awesome bike. I thought the CBR900RR was awesome when it came out years ago but I remember how twitchy it was. The 9R seems like a Cadillac for the plushness and torquey power. Nice bike and I'm glad you got the '03.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
500 miles and 9 days later, I'm having a blast with the 9r.

I notice is has like a flat spot around 5k or so in first and maybe second gear? Is this normal?

All I have done so far is have the bike inspected and changed the oil, lube chain, and add some air to the tires as well.

·
Registered
367 Posts
is the pipe the only mod to it?

if so, taking the metal mesh out of the stock air filter is a nice little boost in power, the bike feels to be breathing easier down low.... but if it has a BMC or a K&N then dont worry

i think most of the 2000+ bikes were known for a little flat spot, perhaps a jetkit would be a good idea

and while your throwing money at it, grab a timing advancer for it too ;) really transforms the bike

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's a nice bike. I've got a Kawasaki Ninja Jacket that would match it perfectly. My bike's being painted so I'll be looking for something else. If you're interested pm me.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the offer on the jacket, but I just bought an Icon Daytona jacket which I love. It's black and silver, matches the bike nice.

Is it in anyway bad for the bike that there is a flat spot at 5k? I haven't checked the air filter yet, but as long as its not bad for the bike I have no problem with it really. My zx6e had a flat spot around 7k or so I believe, but on the larger engine I guess it happens at a lower rpm? right right around 5k it seems. I am going to get a tune up withint he weeks to come at my mechanic, I'll post if it rides any different. Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
sounds like it needs a needle height adjustment.. stock needles are not adjustable AFAIK

its not really bad for it... even if its running lean its not going to kill it, it will just run better with more fuel... tho the problem is more likely a rich problem

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.