Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, just fitted an Akra slip on to my 03 B1 and and not too happy with the way the link pipe sits.

It seems to me that the bend in the pipe sits too far away from the bike and under track conditions could hinder clearance...

To check I have it seated right, can any one post a pic of their Akra/link pipe area??

many thanks

Normski.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont have a picture of mine, but if you can post yours I can tell you if it looks like mine or not.

I put the whole thing on loose and bolted the clamp to the hanger. I then twisted everything around till it fit right and looked good, then snugged it all up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cat, i'l try and get a pic and post when I can.

I've fitted many different slip ons/cans to different bikes over the years but for some reason this one just doesnt seem to sit as it should. The outside edge of the silencer looks like it'll deck before the footpeg.......Hmmmmmm!

I bought it used from a guy who had stacked his B1 (left side) but the silencer and link pipe are in perfect condition.

cheers anyway dude.

N.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Cat, i'l try and get a pic and post when I can.

I've fitted many different slip ons/cans to different bikes over the years but for some reason this one just doesnt seem to sit as it should. The outside edge of the silencer looks like it'll deck before the footpeg.......Hmmmmmm!

I bought it used from a guy who had stacked his B1 (left side) but the silencer and link pipe are in perfect condition.

cheers anyway dude.

N.

·
Registered
287 Posts
hope this helps. i think you need to make sure that you mount the clamp on the frontside of the hanger and not the backside like the stock can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.