Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be common on the 03. If you do a search you will see that this topic has come up many of times.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It’s a PCV valve that allows fresh air from the air box to pass into the exhaust system for emissions sh*t. It’s part of the Kleen system. You will also hear it more on the left side then the right side because of some sound dampening stuff under the air box.
Does anyone know if Kawasaki makes covers to go over those reed valves, so that PCV valve could be eliminated, and would everything run fine without it? I’m using Krank Vents for my engine breathers, so I am currently creating a vacuum in the crank case, and do not need to use the reed valves to create a vacuum.

------

Jef
03' ZX-6RR
00' Buell X1

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone else has a engine ticking noise on the 03. I know Kawasaki's are famous for being mechanically loud, my 01 is loud, and there is nothing wrong with that one, but this is a different noise on the 03. It's a faint but noticable ticking that is driving me crazy. It almost sounds like a small exhaust leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.