Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how to take off the front wheel on a 636. I looked at it last night and couldnt figure it out. I dont know if I am just over looking something or is there a weird way or some weir tool that I need to get it off. Need help.
Thanx

·
Registered
143 Posts
Originally posted by Puha636

I am wondering how to take off the front wheel on a 636. I looked at it last night and couldnt figure it out. I dont know if I am just over looking something or is there a weird way or some weir tool that I need to get it off. Need help.
Thanx
Remove the brake calipers (can be done with the tools that came with the bike) And don't apply pressure to the brakes after this.
Put something between the brakepads so that the pistons won't push out. (I suggest doing this, many ppl skip this but it can save you from a few hours work).
Open the "big" bolt on the front axle (don't remember what tool I used for this),
Undo the two retaining screws pointing forward (this tool is located in the toolbag that came with your bike),
Remove front axle (might need a bit of knocking to get it moving).

Replace it in reverse order.
It ain't no biggie.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, cool I am good so far, but it is that big bolt that is screwing with me. because it is like a REALLY big allen wrench.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hope you can find the right tool for the job. That's all I can say from where I'm sitting at the moment :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You should loosen the pinch bolts before removing the axle nut. If the pinch bolts are properly torqued, the axle nut will not budge.

The front axle takes a 22 mm hex socket. In a pinch, you can use a Craftsman spark plug socket. Check out this thread.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I use the Craftsman spark plug socket reversed with a extension thru where the plug would normally go...You don't need a "special" tool

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah I got it with a bit of trouble with a 13/16 reversed. Man those thing are on there good. But I guess that is for a good reason huh. Thanx for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.