Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sold the gsxr 1000. The bike is too much for me. I thought I was a good rider. the power of that bike cant be explained. I had an 01 also. still no comparison. I put 1500 miles on it, the tire had threads showing on it. It shreded it. It began to be less fun, because you had to figt the front wheel. It was always airborn 4th gear straight power 100 mph twist the gas air born. unnessasary. I was gonna get a 10r, but im seriously thinking of a 636. just need to ride one first. I loved the bike in the short time I had it, but I dont really know anyone who could ride it hard. I sure couldnt. I sold it for 300 less then I bought it for. made out pretty good. oh well. the J1 will have to do for a while longer, but this 9900 bucks is burning in my pocket. I think I can get a 636 and a lot of cool sheet for it. Yeah thats what Ill do. stay tuned

·
Registered
537 Posts
10R should have at least as much power as gsxr1000, HTF do you keep front end down on something like that [?]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Eric, no shame in that fella. Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. I got to do some hard riding on a Gixxer 1000 last year (2002 model!) and learned from that session that I enjoy middleweights better for the kind of riding I like to do. Anything less than 100% focus and attention can spell DISASTER in the tight stuff on that bike. I'd much rather keep the thing wailing and focus more on improving my lines and my techniques to get better and more consistent laps in than trying to keep the front pointed in the right direction and the back tire hooked up. I think either a Gixxer 750 or a 636 would make a great steed for you, because imo they bridge the gap between typical 600's and bigger bore bikes fairly well, and are sharp as they come.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
A GSXR1000 is just too much for everyday street riding. I really really want to buy one, but not to use as my everyday bike, and only to break all laws physics and the government have to offer :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.