Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front axle indeed takes a 22 mm hex socket. In a pinch, you can use a Craftsman spark plug socket. Check out this thread.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does anyone know what the hex (allen) size is on the front axle for the 03'. I did some measurements and came up with 22mm, but I am looking for a confirmation on that size. Thanks for any help I might get with this question.

Jef
ZX-6RR 2003

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went to the hardware store and bought 2 bolts and 4 nuts (cannot remember the actual size), but the head of the bolt and nut were both 22mm, and then I had them tack welded. Cost me like 3.50 for the whole setup, and I had a tool for each side (granted you have a 22mm socket and/or wrench). But I did see an ad in Roadracingworld that some one made and actual tool similar the "tool" I made, and if I remember correctly it was like 12 bucks for one. Hope this helps. By the way, how do you like your RR...... I love mine.

Kelsey

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If you have a 7/8" allen wrench you can shave the 6 sides down with a file to make it a 22mm. That's what I did when I found out Snap-on wanted over $300 for the socket I needed.[8D]

·
Registered
67 Posts
The sparkplug remover that came in your tool kit the little end fits inside of the front axel to take it off. If you need something to compare the ones at the store to, take it with you!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the help. I ended up doing the 13/16 spark plug socket and it worked out perfect. It also allowed me to use a toqure wrench to toqure it to the proper spec. Thanks again everyone. Rob Lee, I guess that makes us even now for the wiring diagram ;).

Jef
ZX-6RR 2003

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.