Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive noticed that the new ZX-6RR has a painted inner fender, and my 636 has a black inner fender. is it the same kawi part number? would i be better off painting my inner fender or getting the RR fender and painting that?

thanx --

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
First, you wouldn't need to paint the RR fender.;) (that was probably a typo)

The part number would probably not be the same because they differ in color. There would probably be a 'G' or something on the end of the RR hugger's part number to denote 'green'. If not, it will just be a completely different part number. I would recommend purchasing the RR hugger if you desire the green over the black because color match is a concern if you plan on self-painting.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
If you are talking about the rear fender/hugger, it's not really the 6RR that is colour matched, it is the green. We have green 636's in Canada and they are colour mathed green as well. All the rest are black.

So you should be able to swap it out fine :)

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i should have said this in the original post:

i want to paint my hugger silver, to match the rest of my bike. i was just wondering if i should buy the RR hugger and paint that, or are they the same piece that Kawi just painted green.

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm missing something here... why can't you take yours off and get it painted? The actual hugger on the 6R and 6RR are the exact same, it's just that Kawasaki color-matched the green ones and not the others.

Post some pics when you're done - I'm sure lotsa guys here are pondering painting their huggers to match on the silver, blue, red, and black models...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats exactly what i was asking. i just wanted to know if they were the same part or different. im going for it; ill post pics when she's all done :)

thanx --

Rob
www.oldoldz.com

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am with everyone here. Same part, just painted. Shouldn't cost you more than 50 bucks to paint it. At least I hope not. I wanna paint mine too. I think it would be a lot easier to keep clean with a paint job and clear coat on it anyhow. Plain old plastic seems to grab brake dust like a bitch.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.