Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been learning to ride for the past week, and I am learning to ride extremly fast. To help me get over some "fear of the unknown" I need to get some tips from you guys and gals on the whole "leaning into a turn or curve". I guess I'm saying how the hell do I make sure that I don't exceed my leaning limits? Because I all ways think that I'm getting that feeling my tires are breaking loose.
by the way I have an '03 636 with the "bridgestone battlax" tires. Are those good tires?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Best advice in turns for newbies is to look through the turn not into the turn. What this means is dont just look 10 or 20 feet in front of the bike, look through the bend.

I like my bike fast... and my women even faster!

·
Registered
755 Posts
People always say this but I found it to be the best truth in beginning to ride, "point your chin to where you are turning." Doing that makes you look ahead where you are going. Get comfortable shifting your weight and get that knee out. Battleaxe's aren't peoples first choice, but are good tires. They have enough sidewall flex when they are hot to handle any turn at most any lean angles.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Originally posted by a007sniper

When in doubt, gas it up!

You gota have balls like these to make a dummass statement like that!
Yeah, gas it up. [?] You might as well call the hospital ahead of time, and request that an ambulance follows you around all day long. You know, just in case it turns out that more gas wasn't the answer.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.