Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an oil filter from the Dealor and they said that it was the 16097-1070 ... now I know the correct part number is the 16097-0002... my question is this ... the 1070 is the oil filter for the '02's will it work on my '03 ?? this will be my first oil change and it will be changed again in about 500 miles... how close are they?? are they the same?? as anyone physically compared the two of them side by side up close??

2003 zx-6r

·
Registered
443 Posts
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2831

try this link..hope that helps. i know my filter for my '03 is on backorder..i guess i'll just drop the oil in the meantime.

"I'm from yeranus."

·
Registered
120 Posts
First let me say, sorry to drudge up an old thread, but I figured it's better than starting a new one.

I just bought my '03 636 last week and I'm just barely getting ready to do the first 50 mile oil change (actualy have 65 miles). The local dealer doesn't seem to have the OEM filter and I'm a long ways from another dealer. So I'm looking for something else I can use this as a replacement, ASAP. Here's what I've found with the wonderful search button.

OEM: 16097-0002
SuperTech: ST7317
Bosch: 3300
Fram: PH6017(A)
K&N Oil Filter: KN-204
WIX: 51358

My only problem is, except for the K&N filter all of the others seem to be for Cars. So does that really make a difference? Also, the Fram filter (i know, some of you hate them) part number, is it the one with the "A" on the end or no "A" or does it not even matter?
I'm gonna order some OEM's to have around, but I need something just until I hit the 600 mile mark. Anybody?

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
i think most bike filters are the same actually, my friends gixxer takes the same filter as well as the cbr's i've worked on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.