Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have noticed that some guys with 03's here in the US have left the dealer without a rear seat cowling. I just thought I let you all know that it COMES with one as part of the package. If you dont have one probably the dealer forgot to give it you and yo ass needs to go back and get it!!!!

You got it right there speed, some people have done it!

Let Saddam come and play!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah...I made sure I put on the cowling and came back for the seat... The crazy thing is my damn cowling flew off today on the road....lots of scratches. I tried to clean it up as good as I could but I'm either gonna get a new one or get it painted... So if any of those dealers still have a black one...have them send it my way :) Just thought I'd try..

Oh btw it was my fault on the flying cowling...I must have not secured it right...I just took my camera out and gave to my buddy to hold...**luckily**...I did...but must have rushed when putting it back on... Oh well...you live and learn

·
Registered
91 Posts
And it anyone has a green one they don't want, I'm looking for one. Gonna cost £50 (about $75 I think) here in the UK. Rip-off. :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
Can you get them for the 2002 636's? Or should they have come with them (this is in Australia)? I've only had mine for a month or so.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
2003 Yes, but sadly not for 2002 :(. I have an 02 and damn I wish it came with a sweet cowling like the 03.

Ken - Yellow '02

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kawi makes them for the 00-02???? Where can you get the one Kawi makes??

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by eltorito

Kawi makes them for the 00-02???? Where can you get the one Kawi makes??

The only ones I've seen from kawi are vinyl graphic seat covers, and can be bought from their online accessories store... see below;

Targa makes a fiberglass seat cowl that installs in place of the rear seat. It fits the lines of the bike really well, and the color-match is really good. A *bit* more expensive though. The kawi cover is about $50 I think, while the Targa cowl is about $190.

targa cover;

'03 blue zx-6r

·
Registered
327 Posts
Originally posted by VR6R:Targa makes a fiberglass seat cowl that installs in place of the rear seat. It fits the lines of the bike really well, and the color-match is really good. A *bit* more expensive though. The kawi cover is about $50 I think, while the Targa cowl is about $190.
The Targa cowl looks bloody good but! Hate to think what they'd charge us down here for them.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I'm not that crazy about the Targa. The mounting system is a joke, the fit is not that great, and the color is far from a perfect match. Look at the last photo here: /forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=688

Maybe I just got a bad one, since everyone else seems to be happy with theirs.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
119 Posts
yeah it looks like they were a ways off with the color-match on yours. My yellow cowl matched perfect though and all the other pics i've seen have matched really good as well. The mounting latch took a little fine-tuning to get a good lock, but overall I was very happy with it.

btw gary sorry to hear about your bike (i know i'm a little late)... how's she doin now though? Have you got her back together/repainted?

'03 blue zx-6r
www.harbordive.com/josh/zx6r.htm ('03 pics coming soon)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I found the fairing for $100, and that's about all I've done to it. I'm going to replace the mirror and grab handle and then leave it alone until I paint.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
778 Posts
Damn, that cowl thing sucks....

It doesn't match at all, I always thought that the 02 green is "greener" that the 00-01 green. Maybe its a different color green for the 02, maybe targa sent you a crappy one.

I know the yellow is really hard to match since every yellow bike out there doesnt match (factory variance) but all the greens should.

On a side note I hear some parts of CO. got 31 inches of snow a few days ago. I just finished shoveling 31 inches of snow ;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Originally posted by Guamaniac

The crazy thing is my damn cowling flew off today on the road....lots of scratches.

Oh btw it was my fault on the flying cowling...I must have not secured it right...
One of the first things I noticed about the '03's were how flimsy the cowl was. I was able to pop it off at the show. I asked the Kawa rep why is it some flimsy? His only response was that these are pre-production bikes. I am not so sure it was your fault. Could be but I did notice how flimsy they were at the show.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
that the only reason i'm buying the new bike ;)

"ON ONE WHEEL" [:p]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.