Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just adjusted my rear shock sag and put the calipers to use to measure a few things that might help to speed up the adjustment process for others .. so FYI

Each collar is 4mm or 8mm for the two (adjuster and lock).

Each thread (center groove to center groove) is approximately 1.5mm.

Each full turn of the adjustment collar is one thread or about 1.5mm.

For my weight I set my rear sag at 22.5mm from top of spring to top of threads which is equal to 14.5mm of threads only or about 10 threads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks good info as I am looking to do a similar adjustment, my question to you is how much did this preload adjustment change your seat height / riding position?

The journey of a 1000 miles begins with 1 step

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Flachbau

Just adjusted my rear shock sag and put the calipers to use to measure a few things that might help to speed up the adjustment process for others .. so FYI

Each collar is 4mm or 8mm for the two (adjuster and lock).

Each thread (center groove to center groove) is approximately 1.5mm.

Each full turn of the adjustment collar is one thread or about 1.5mm.

For my weight I set my rear sag at 22.5mm from top of spring to top of threads which is equal to 14.5mm of threads only or about 10 threads.
I didn't measure seat height change but I don't think it fell by very much when I softened up the shock. I think to get serious seat height change (lower) you would need a softer spring as the stock spring is pretty stiff. To get seat height higher you can use shims.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.