Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen a couple of 2003/4 6r's with an exhaust conversion consisting of the side mount being removed and replaced with an undertail kit, was wondering if anyone had any information about this i cant seem to find any information on the net as to how this can be done just pictures, would love to do it to mine, thanks

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ixil makes one with 2 pipes, cans are definetly too long but you could make something out of it. For something special you could use the 05 swingarm with custom made exhaust, which indeed would be neet but will cost you some time and money.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. i checked on those ixil pipes cant seem to find what im looking for in the us. going to contact the ixil rep in the US see what can be done, ill keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
any possibility of putting the 05/06 subframe on along with the 05/06 swing and try to make a custom pipe run out like a regular undartale exhaust would? those ixil's are just plain nasty looking.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I highly doubt that the subframe will fit, atleast without extensive modification. You should be able to pull the pipe up using just the 05 swingarm and a custom made pipe but atleast the rearset needs slight modification. Micron ultralite can for 05 is one option to be mounted underneath the tail and is a wicked looking exhaust.

Stargaze: 'cause 03/04 is a better looking bike... ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
I highly doubt that the subframe will fit, atleast without extensive modification. You should be able to pull the pipe up using just the 05 swingarm and a custom made pipe but atleast the rearset needs slight modification. Micron ultralite can for 05 is one option to be mounted underneath the tail and is a wicked looking exhaust.

Stargaze: 'cause 03/04 is a better looking bike... ;)
oh how i do agree with you...

but to be honest... i really like my side exhaust.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I Thiink Side Exhaust Looks Better Anyways Just Me I Guess

·
Registered
338 Posts
I like the side exit too. :) Going to modify that 05 ultralite to a stubby side exit on my bike for next season. http://www.motonekoparts.com/Micron...p-On-Exhaust-Kawasaki-ZX6R-ZX6RR-p-19713.html
One like above but polished and has the burnt blue color. :)
Micron makes the ultralite 240MM(shorty) for side exit so you wouldn't have to buy the 05 and cut it down or do you have an 05/06 636? I have the Ti 240MM ultralite on my 04 636 and love it!

Here's a picture of an undertail exhaust redlinecycle did on an 03-04 636 using devil cans. Best looking custom undertail exhaust for an 03-04 IMO
http://www.kawiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9040&d=1212264835

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was wanting to do an undertail exhaust after i laid it down. After realizing i didn't want to spend that much just for a pipe to carry exhaust fumes to the rear, i got this:

Simple, small, cheap, doesn't weigh much, and sounds good. "micro race can".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.