Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has a spare tappet (valve bucket) for an '03 6RR I would like to get it ASAP. I will be able to replace it after 5/18 but need one in order to make a race this week.

email me at [email protected]

thanks

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Do you really think the average rider is going to have a spare valve bucket? Most people haven't even put enough miles on their motor yet to require the first valve inspection/adjustment.

You're going to have to go to a dealer and beg/plead with them to send you one express. That's probably the only way you're going to get one.

Anyone that would be willing to tear their motor apart and disable their bike just to let you make a race day is either the worlds greatest samaritan, or just plain sick in the head.

And I still have to wonder what you did to the bucket that came on your bike that now requires a replacement.

Fess up, what happened? Someone might trash their bike if they don't need it for a couple weeks if you give a good enough story.

Oh yeah, and just to let everyone know, its the same part number for both the '03 ZX6RR and the '03 ZX6R. The earlier engines are not compatible.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blade, I am just asking for a little help from someone that might have a wreck or something lying around. I have exhausted my contacts at the dealer & with Team Green and 5/18 is the delivery date off back order, even with ordering directly from Kawasaki via my support.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I understand what you mean. Its not going to be easy to convince someone to tear apart a brand new motor though, even if they did wreck their bike.

Its too new of an engine to have parts like that laying around in warehouses.

To be perfectly honest, and I'm quite sorry, but I doubt you're going to get this part in time to make your race weekend. Not without some serious luck either from a kind hearted board member, or from the dealer.

I actually went to buykawasaki.com and looked up the part numbers just to see if the part is the same from the '00 motor I have in my garage. Unfortunately, it isn't. If it would have worked, I would have sent it to you, since the motor is just hanging around collecting dust (its still for sale, people).

Sorry man,
BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Its from a 2000 ZX6R that had right around 4k miles on it. The bike was lowsided, and the owner got all pissy about wrecking his bike, and asked me to strip it down so that he could part it out before he actually took a minute to see how much work it needed to fix it back up.

I got to keep the motor as payment for stripping the bike down.

The last time I posted about the motor, I was asking $400 if whoever buys it comes and pics it up, but $500 plus crating, and shipping if I have to send it to someone via UPS or equivelant. I have no idea how much it will cost to ship because it is one damn heavy hunk of metal.

If the person who wants it is close by, I'll even consider driving to meet the person if its within a day of driving. Just slip me a bit extra to cover the tolls and gas, and its sold for $400.

BTW, I'm in NYC.
BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Give me a contact email or phone & I will put the guy who is looking in touch with you by tomorrow. He is on the east coast not too far from NYC, I believe. All parts of the motor are intact, correct?

email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just called my dealer and explained the situation. I asked a tech. if they had done any valvetrain work on an '03 yet. He said no, and I asked the parts dept. if they had a 12031-1069 in stock..no dice.

I think others on the board could do the same to help out a Prostar 600SS racer.

It's worth a phone call.

Good luck, Chip!

Todd

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by todd

I just called my dealer and explained the situation. I asked a tech. if they had done any valvetrain work on an '03 yet. He said no, and I asked the parts dept. if they had a 12031-1069 in stock..no dice.

I think others on the board could do the same to help out a Prostar 600SS racer.

It's worth a phone call.

Good luck, Chip!

Todd
Sorry, the correct part no. is 12032-1069.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Todd. Just glad I still have the trusty 2002 to compete on this weekend too but frustrated this happened just when I was getting competitive hp out of the 2003. Tough doing this development work on my own. :(

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yep, motor is in complete tip top shape. Made sure it was still running before we tore the bike down.

email me @ [email protected]
BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.