Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While going down the freeway a new viper flew by so I figured I'd see what it was made of. I caught up we both slowed to about 60 mph. I went into 2nd and he did the 3 honks and we went. Sad to say by about 140 mph he was about 6-7 cars behind me. Now of couse I have a few mods but I was still surprised

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
how long did you race? only until 140? whats the top speed of a viper? i thought they were around 180, but again, it would take a car really long to get moving that fast as compared to a motorcycle. [:M88]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Good job.

I was watching one of those car shows on Spike TV today and the new 03 Viper goes 0-60 in 3.9 sec! Thats one hell of a car.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Awesome job. Now lets see thats 8.3L vs a .6 liter[8D]. Vipers suck. Stock they run the quarter in 12.1? And those motors are already tapped from factory. Yeah its designed by lotus and all but still, its a dodge chassis. Like i said before, if you raced me in a ferrari I might think twice. Anything else, wave at 100 on the back wheel cause you're gone. Now the 240Z in servin it up eating that R1, THATS an impressive car. Turbo charged vette engine...thats a V8 to respect. Wave goodbye to that viper.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Me and a friend raced a ferrari on the interstate for about 10 miles. We had our bikes pegged out in 6th gear changing lanes and passes cars and as soon as there was an opening the ferrari went around us and started leaving us. When we both turned off he gave us a thumbs up. Wasnt the smartest thing because of the other cars on the road but at the time it seemed like the right thing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
if you want to piss on cars in a stright line get a zx12r but the 6r will had do just fine throught the twisties

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by varneyc

Awesome job. Now lets see thats 8.3L vs a .6 liter[8D]. Vipers suck. Stock they run the quarter in 12.1? And those motors are already tapped from factory. Yeah its designed by lotus and all but still, its a dodge chassis. Like i said before, if you raced me in a ferrari I might think twice. Anything else, wave at 100 on the back wheel cause you're gone. Now the 240Z in servin it up eating that R1, THATS an impressive car. Turbo charged vette engine...thats a V8 to respect. Wave goodbye to that viper.
what about the venom 800, a 600 isnt even a match for that viper.......dodge sucks though?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Stock, a Viper can NOT do 180. The last 20 mph creeps up anyway. It's as aero as a brick. Still love em though.

Nothing like hitting the rev limiter on your bike, go to shift into 6th, only to find you already did that. 181 indicated on a 98 ZX9...once.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
its all about power to weight ratio....

you would need a car with about 700BHP weighting only 3000lbs to match the zx-6r or any new supersport.

ofcourse bikes have really bad aerodynamics as well.

·
Registered
493 Posts
a new viper will run way faster than 12.1, given decent traction, even just drag radials they will turn deep 11's and the 03 viper will touch 180 and a few no problem

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.