Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if any of the new 03 zx-6r plastics will fit on our 00-02 frames? I'd really like to stick that tail on mine, though I dont think I like the front end plastics on that.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Don't know if it'll fit without mods, but I'm sure you can make it fit. I think a couple of issues will be seat and pillion mounting, and possibly battery. You might have to modify the sub-frame, but you can buy those on eBay all day long. It might be easier until someone had made race plastic for the '03 and use that.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Nope, the frame is all new and completely redesigned. The mounting points will be different entirely. On top of that, the ram air is totally relocated for 2003.

By the way, anybody see the trick new removable rear fender on the new bike? Wow, no need for an eliminator kit anymore, that's gonna save me a few bones. Just gotta mount some signals and a plate on some type of mounting bracket which should be easy...

What I've heard you CAN do is mount the front fairing from the 2000-2002 zx6r onto the 98-99 bike without TOO much difficulty, although I never did that myself. But then, the frame wasn't changed in 2000, and the ram air location was at least similar.

Anyway, good try bro.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly I just want the tail section. I think I can make it fit, worse comes to worse i'll get one of my tinker friends to machine me something to mount it with. Now to just find a 03 rear tail piece.

·
Registered
49 Posts
exp666 i'm thinking the same thing as you, i want one of them new tail fairings on my '01. i think it'd look awesome but i'm not sure if it's possible. plus i gotta start lookin for a fairing.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
you need the sub frame, the tail.. the seat, and tank.. the seat will not line up with your current tank and leave a gap.. well you can repad your seat and fill in the gap.. You might also need a welder to make brakets to make the sub-frame fit better onto the frame.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.