Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, for once I wish my testicles were smaller, this thing is worse than me old 'Prila RS-125. Thankfully, I do not wish to have children - LONG LIVE ME SHOOTING BLANKS HAHA!

Chaos, panic, disorder......

my work here is done

·
Registered
9 Posts
Breaking-in my new '03 ZX636 B1 - big grin...

Heard a lot of talk about removing that obnoxious rear fender/number plate/tail indicator mounting, but any ideas concerning what aftermarket mounting I can replace it with, so that the plate and tail indicators fit flush to the underside of my bikes' rear ?

Does anyone know if I can get an aftermarket seat to reduce the seat slope?
Currently under breaking and/or downhill I am breaking my balls on the tank, all suggestions on how to cure this are welcome....

and I can confirm that an adonised gold rear sprocket and a dark bronze double bubble screen make some nice additions :D

'03 ZX636 B1 (BlacK)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree with both of you! Ever since I got my 636 I’ve been complaining about my package being smashed on that tank. My friends (those that don’t ride a 636) think that I’m just whining.

They just don’t understand!

Edward

·
Registered
316 Posts
Targa makes a nice eliminator kit for about 50 bucks. Supposedly pretty nice too. Go through Corbin for the seat. Takes a bit of the slope out of it, and adds a little cushion. Or, just ride really hard, and have your girl massage them puppies for you when you get home! LOL

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
446 Posts
You think your balls get smashed when you ride? Have you had a passenger on with you yet? With my wife on the back there are times that I have to hold myself and her back to keep my balls safe and unsquished.

You don't have to be faster then the bear, just faster then your friend.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank goodness my girlfriend isn't fat - I'd be impotent for life![:0]

my work here is done

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before I forget, try installing some grip tape on the sides of the tank and keep the ball of your foot on the pegs. Both will help to keep your kiwis off the tank and add a degree of control as well.

my work here is done

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

With regards to the rear fender eliminator kit, there doesn't seem to be any available in the UK at the moment. However I contacted HARRIS racing, who have made one for the new R6, and they said that they should have one out for the '03 Ninja 6 in about a month or so.

As for the corbin seat, I've seen a few pics of '03 sixxes with corbin seats and it looks a little odd, like it doesn't quite fit somehow. But before I pass judgement, I will try and see and test one in person.... are there any other options?

Liam - All I can say is, thank god I don't take pillion passengers! I have enough grief breaking while hurtling down the steep declines which characterise my area.

Shadee - good idea, but she'd be damn upset if they no longer worked :(

Strong Bad - I've noticed that keeping the balls of my feet on the pegs gives me an extra degree of control in the turns - hard to get them into that position at the start of a ride though, because I am 6ft 2in :D. I will try the grip tape as well.

I have a couple more questions :

#1 My fuel reserve light comes on after about 70 - 80 miles, but I am only able to put 8 - 9 liters of fuel in the tank - what's up with that!! I thought the fuel capacity was 18 litres - the reserve tank cannot be 10 litres, can it ?

#2 I am just about to have my 600mi service, I've heard that this is free (at least in the UK) can anyone confirm this ?

#3 If I replace my stock can with an aftermarket one (slip-on or full), because I will no longer have the catalytic converter, will I be breaking any emissions laws (UK? Is this even a concern anywhere else? Can I get aftermarket cans with catalytic converters ?

'03 NinjA ZX636 B1H (BlacK)

"People fear what they don't understand, and hate what they can't conquer" - Nas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Woo Hoo!! - Just had my first (600mi) service and the labour was FREE!! All I had to pay was ~£30 for oil, filter and washers.

God Bless the UK Kawasaki Dealers.

'03 NinjA ZX636 B1H (BlacK)

"People fear what they don't understand, and hate what they can't conquer" - Nas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can someone explain to me what are the benefits of having stainless steel break cables ?

'03 NinjA ZX636 B1 (BlacK)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Stainless brake cables give you better braking. Although it is hard to believe that better braking could occur than what the ZX6R already delivers, but it takes the sponginess out of the lines. Puts a more solid push against the calipers. Make sense? Maybe someone can give a better definition.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
73 Posts
Originally posted by NinjaMan
#3 If I replace my stock can with an aftermarket one (slip-on or full), because I will no longer have the catalytic converter, will I be breaking any emissions laws (UK? Is this even a concern anywhere else? Can I get aftermarket cans with catalytic converters ?
Do they have annual smog (emmission) checks where you live. Even in California they don't do that. I don't know of any aftermarket exhaust which has a cat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the UK your bike has to pass an annual MOT test to be allowed on the road. It tests it's general road worthiness including emissions, tyre tread etc..

However I don't know how stringent those emissions test are for a bike. If there is anyone from the UK that could shed more light on the subject, I would be grateful.

I don't know whether the '03 ZX636 is the first bike to have a catalytic converter in the can and hence whether people have had to worry about this in the past - but I'm guessing I might have to put the stock exhaust back on to enable the bike to pass the MOT test.

'03 NinjA ZX636 B1 (BlacK)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.