Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Scott Here. I am new to the forum as you can see but not new to riding by any means. Just got a question about nitrous setup. Now before you start I know your going to say get a litre bike. 636 is paid for and its a toy bike for me so I am just playing around with it making it for fun(not serious racing)

I have been reading up on a 15 or 30 shot dry nitrous kit. Wondering if 30 shot is too much on stock motor. Also if I shoot dry should I do it in the air box at intake temp sensor or directly into stacks..Either way I will get it pro tuned. I know a longer swing arm and tire will give me better times in the 0 - 60 ft and intend on doing that as well. Any recomendations on lenth? 6 over 8 over? I am running 1/4 track mostly. sometimes 1/8 also plan on changing gearing in the future(before nitrous im sure) thanks guys and girls for the help.....

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I understand you can go as much as a 50 dry shot without issues, spray past the intake air temp sensor so the pcm will add more fuel.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Not sure if he still gets on this forum but, I would see if you can get ahold of Steve Appenzellar(not 100% sure of spelling). His name on the forum is littleman. He has a 03 or 04 636 and has run high 8 second 1/4 mile passes with it. If anyone can help you out with information it is him as he has gone through a lot of trial and error with that bike.

A couple of old videos of his on youtube

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot for the replies and not busting my balls about getting a liter bike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to the forum...

my experience with it is, #3 piston will eventually destroy itself. 30 shot.
Thanks for the reply. experiance you say. what shot did you run?? 30?? direct to stacks or by air temp sensor?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
wasnt mine, helped a guy fool with it that raced some back in the day. was plugged into the top of air box above stacks. started low, went up to 30. twice, the #3 piston destroyed itself (eventualy). setups may be different these days tho. was hella fun while it lasted!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i have. I plan on running my 6 at darlington by I live in columbia so speedway isnt to far from me. gonna run in elgin oat 1/8 for shits.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts