Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a 2003 zx636 around 16 k miles or so , somtimes when i get on it and shift really fast it pops outa gear and free revs and then i have to put it back in to gear and then it makes a really loud pop noise , Any ideals what it could be maybe a star detent, someone want to help me out. My bike is covered under a warrentee, Thanks
dewayne

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
who's warranty?
happens sometimes. Just have to learn to be more assertive on the gear change, may be adjust the clutch at the lever a bit more, and possibly an oil change. My bike does it a lil more when the oil is starting to get on a bit.

Factory Pro's Shift Star is meant to be a life saver. I'm hoping to get one, cos I'm sick of missing gears. I think it's more a design thing, than a deteriorating problem. Altho keep popping them out and/or missing them, and the tranny won't be impressed with you.

basically, yeah, they do it. You can fix it, it can go down hill if it's done too much. Chances are, yours is fine, but try to get better habits for changing gear

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Adjust your shifter down some so your foot hits the shifter closer to your boot-shoe. The bike is known to do this but one way to help stop is it to move the shifter down some.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good tip! Gonna do mine too. Has happened to me on track when I do quick clutch less shifts going from 2 - 3rd, 4th etc. Obviously use the clutch when going the other way....:D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hmm trying this whole moving lever down thing.
I usually wedge my foot all the way under the lever to cure this when riding aggressively.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts