Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody have problems with an excessive amount of vibration in there clip-ons. if so can you give me any ideas how to fix it instead of buying new aftermarket clip-ons. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I ordered some gel grips. I'll let you know how they work when I get them. I had them on my R1 and liked them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah let me know how the grips work and i know if your above 9k the bike smooths out a little but i don't really want to cruise on the freeway at 100.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a silver '03 636 and my step son picked up a red '03 636 one day later, same dealer. This gives me the rare opportunity to ride two different identical bikes. I have noticed that mine does have more engine vibration than his does. I've sort of come to the conclusion that some bikes just come out of the factory with a better balanced motor. I'm not really happy about this but I don't think it is severe enough for a warranty balance. Let me know what you come up with though.

·
Registered
287 Posts
how many miles do you have on your bike? is it something that you just started noticing? i have over 2000 miles on my bike and never had any problems with vibration, yet. you may just need to go over the whole bike and snug down your bolts. did you have any of the fairings off recently? pay special attention to the headers, link pipe clamp and exhaust bracket. any loose connections there will definitley be felt through the clip-ons. i hope any of these suggetions help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.