Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatsup...i was thinking of lower my bike alittle bit. i know, i know i as told by many people DONT MESS WITH IT!!! but if i were to lower it, do i just adjust the pre load adjusters on the front and the rear spring coil ?..i was also told to buy some lower links or bones. what should i do ?
send me your imput. ...peace...2[8D]:D:)

·
Registered
471 Posts
You need to raise your forks up in the clamps & buy new dog bones to lower it.
Check tobefast.com for the lowering links(dog bones).

I think you lower the front 2x as much as you lower the rear.

Then start saving for new boots, cause you will drag your boots on every corner. I know from experience.....5'5" rider here...5'6" with my boots...lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
Whats with this lowering craze in the states [:0]. These bikes arent Drag bikes, they are track bikes with handling to match. It takes a company like Kawasaki many millions of dollars to develop these bikes and you think that you can improve them by takin a C spanner to the rear shock. You won't just drag your feet when you lower them, you will seriously fcuk up the handling. Get a Harley if you want a lowrider.

Ash

·
Registered
124 Posts
Originally posted by ash

Whats with this lowering craze in the states [:0]. These bikes arent Drag bikes, they are track bikes with handling to match. It takes a company like Kawasaki many millions of dollars to develop these bikes and you think that you can improve them by takin a C spanner to the rear shock. You won't just drag your feet when you lower them, you will seriously fcuk up the handling. Get a Harley if you want a lowrider.

Ash
So, short guys shouldn't have sportbikes? I'm 5'6 and have a 28 inch inseam and my 636 has a 32.5 seat height. I'm planning on a corbin seat and might try taking the spacer off of the rear shock mount. These two things should let touch better than tip toed. Personally, I wouldn't mess with dog bones, but some shorter people may have not other options.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have short legs as well (about 29") but it doesn't stop me. The cutdown seat is the way to go (in width and height). There are companies who do this 'sculpting' in the UK for about $50 USD.

The legal requirement is 1 foot on the peg able to operate the control and 1 foot flat on the floor. I never try and balance the bike on tiptoes as I can't. Its better to lean it slightly or slide my ass over a bit and plant one foot down firmly than be struggling with 2.

BTW, a chap I ride out with has an R1 and he is about 5'2". He is a much quicker rider than me on the road and track and has owned all manner of bikes from GSX1400s and Busa's down to cbr400rr's and he always manages just fine.

Ash

·
Registered
418 Posts
Check this out:

Oh yeah...when you lower a bike...it doesnt handle as well as it did before, which I have mentioned atleast once or twice on this forum. I feel like a knucklehead
Or go here for the full transcription

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5550.

Talk about Fashion Victim[B)], I'd rather learn from others mistakes anyday

Ash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.