Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 03 zx6rr is a limited production bike. does anyone know how many were made.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think it started out as limited production, but then Kawasaki said they will make as many as there are people who want one.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
That's about all I see around here. There's at least three for every 636. Coming home one day, I ran into a group of four riding together.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I talked to my dealer here, he said there were 1,000 of the RR model bikes made for sale, and sent to the usa. And he wasnt trying to sell me one cause he knew i already owned one:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have an 03' RR and im the only 1 ive ever seen with 1 so far.. Even when i go Downtown detroit alls i see is gixxrs hondas and yamaha's.. So as far as i know im the only 1 with the 6RR in my area. Sure ill run across another one of these dayz!! [}:)]

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I've only seen 1 RR and 2 6R's since they've been released here. It's either Gixxer or Yamaha. People just have no clue.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Same around here. Haven't seen any RR's, just the 636's. Went to the dealer Sat. just to look and they had one '04 GREEN 6R. Damn it was beautiful... I want a Green one:D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all replies. i thought that the last numbers of your vin was the number of your bike that was made. i have an rr and my number is 1508.i was thinking that my bike was the 1508 limited rr made for that year. am i right or wrong? i know the last numbers of your vin goes that way for cars.----if im right i guess their were more than 1000 made.and if kawasaki is making as many as people want then why did they use the word limited.

·
Registered
364 Posts
the way i understood my dealer is this: a thousand were made to ship to the U.S.A. dont know how many were made for other markets around the globe.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Gary and Silver all the RR's must be in your areas because I never saw another one on the street until I went to Biketoberfest and then I only saw one. I did meet a guy who said he had one as his track bike. :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
From the Cycle News (british) article on the RR.

"Kawasaki reckons on bringing in 2000 6R's for next year of which around 100 will be the race RR's."

That would be 5% RR's

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sorry MichiganWheelie,

You're not the only one in this area to have an RR, but mine doesn't see very much street time, and is in it's track dress for most of the riding season.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i talk to my kawi dealer here in town cuz i own a 03 zx 6rr
and he said that wasnt a limited edition ....it is a special edition so they just made where ever they can sell...........the special about it is that we got a track fast bike stree legal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.