Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, id like to start out saying this is my first post. Ive done a lot of research over the last couple weeks but havent found much on this specific topic. A little background before we get into the bike/question. My friend from college brought this 03 zx6rr to school with him and it got stolen for 2 years. He got it back and it was pretty messed up cosmetically and he did not want to mess with it so i bought it for a steal. I will add this is my first bike and never knew anything about them before this. I buy the bike off him and about 2 months later after i put in a little time and money, it gets stolen again from a different location... sucks but you live and you learn. I got my bike back 11 months after it being stolen the 2nd time and it was a distaster. They were definitely parting it out but im at the end of my rebuild and the throttle bodys wont flutter when i turn it on. I think im missing a cable or my cables are not in the right place. Whenever i try to start it cranks really hard and the FI light flashes the whole time. This morning i tried to pull the codes and got nothing. As far as the rebuild i replaced all the electrical including the ECU so i dont know if there would be any codes. Any info would be greatly appreciated guys and gals. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

This what she looked like the forst time she went missing. She came back looking like this after 2 years.
i now gave possession of the bike and with my (at the time) very limited knowledge and skills cleaned it ups slightly to make it look like this.
after it got stolen the second time, 11 months kayer it came back destroyed looking this way.
after some hard work and about a monthive got her looking somewhat presentable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update, im missing my choke cable, how big of an issue is that? Also does anybody have any insight as to why the throttle body's wont open and close when i turn the bike on?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

Nice bike, I hope that you 'll fix it and that it won't get stolen yet again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts