Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wan2Fly gained around 9 horsepower with a full Akrapovic Race system, a BMC race filter, and a power commander, peak. It ain't cheap but at least it's 9 hp in your pocket, which the stock RR probably needs. Riding like a brick with wheels? The RR should still outhandle your R6 any day...

If you aren't racing a series, you likely should have bought the 636 IF your primary concern is power. The 636 won't disappoint you against any other 600.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had an r6 and I just got an 03' zx6rr. Am I alone when I say it rides like a brick with wheels and is slow? What are good sprocket combo's? If you get the race kit and exhaust and get it all hopped up, will it still be slower than other 600's that are also hopped up? What to do?

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Hey Chris I have an RR and it definitely does not ride like a brick and it is definitely not slow. The bike has very little low or midrange but it is designed to run at very high rpm's. What rpms are you riding at? As for riding like a brick the suspension on your bike is easily adjustable. The stock settings are for a 150 lb. rider. You probably need to go a little harder if yoy do a lot of street riding.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another Chris with a RR? Anyway, I've got one and though it is stiff, its definitely fast and it will run away from the R6 in our group every time. Nothing really happens until around 10,000 RPM then its warp speed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had my zx6rr now for about 2 weeks. I said it rides like a brick and is a bit slow. It does come stiff from the factory. Wonderfully stiff if you ride on tracks. I finally got it on the track at TMS on Sunday. You can apex corners very late and fall in to the radius perfectly. This bike goes where you want it to with just a little practice. This was my first time on a track. I ran the first session in the beginner practice, they put me in novice next, before I left they had me in intermediate A. Am I bragging? not on myself, this bike really impressed me on the track.I was able to come in to turns on the outside edge of the track and square it off 3 or 4 yards from dirt and come back in on the inside of everyone and leave them behind. I watched people who I know are better than me but there bikes would not do it. More power would definatley help though. Awsome track bike. I like it. I would also strongley recomend that anyone who has put it off for whatever reason to to dial in your suspension, starting with sag. Makes a big difference. Gotta go.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhhh, so NOW you get what the bike is all about... kewl...

It was designed as a track bike first and foremost, and the RR specifically as the basis of a track platform, meaning that a little work does WONDERS for the bike. The race kit makes that bike an instant track hero, and you don't have to necessarily use the Kawasaki factory kit, you can add all kinds of aftermarket parts...

Yeah, outta the crate, it lacks a bit as a road bike. Take that sucker to a track and get it working and you'll see why it isn't a dog in reality. A few bucks here and there and you'll be laughing at your buddies with R6's... just my 2 cents (which ain't worth a penny...)

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Glad to hear you like the bike Chris.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.