Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

03 zx9r or 04 10r?

665 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  spartan 116 
#1 ·
well im about to get a kawi card with enough credit to get either bike. the 9r is 8g out the door and the 10r will be 10,900 out the door. should i spend the extra 3g for the 10r? i havnt really heard the reviews on the 10r at all other than minor details. what would u guys do?

#2 ·
I guess it all depends on what you want and what you are willing to spend. The 9r is a great bike, lacking a little in the power department, a little heavy, not the most agile. But, it is cheaper. The 10r on the other hand is supposed to have plenty of power, be just as light as my 6r, and will more than likely be nimble as hell. But, it will cost you more. Also, I don't know how the kawi cards work right now, but when I checked them out the interest was good for a little while but then it made a drastic jump. I just went w/ their financing through Household Retail Services. The interest rate w/ them was 7.9%. I can't make the decision for you but if the 10r lives up to the hype that is the way I would go. And watch out for that high interest.

#3 ·
well as far as the apr on the card its 3.9% for 3 years im not to sure from there.....but ill have the bike paid off in 2 years so im not too worried. plus ill have extra credit on the kawi card to get sum gear. well according to the local kawi dealership they should have a few 10r's in stock near christmas time or so.

#5 ·
It depend more on you than the bikes. The ZX-9R is a very nice bike. If you are the kinda guy who has to have the fastest, quickest, etc. you probably won't be satisified for long. The ZX-9R is like your present bike on steroids. If you like it you will like the ZX-9R. The ZX-10 is gonna be a very different animal.

Another bike to consider is the '03 GSXR1000. I hear there on left-overs going for close to $8,000. Between a '03 ZX-9R and a GSXR1000 for the same price I would go for the GSXR1000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.