Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my buddies and i have been arguing over whos got the bike to beat.. ive told them both they dont have the power my bike has. My yamaha buddy has all kinds of work done to his r6 and it seems quick, but he wouldnt race me.. (i think he was scared to get beat) So finally ive gotten them to line up for a 3 way race to 100.. It was simply no contest. My zx6r pulled about 4-5 bike lengths VERY easily on them. The r6 was 2nd and the triumph was 3rd. I must say that that triumph is one helluva cumfy bike tho, no ball smooshing at all...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not for nothing but a race between all '03's would be a better test of which is faster......I love 636's but the '03 R6 got no props in the pre-season because of the 636 and the Honda 600rr and then it came out with more power and killer handling.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by Naughtyninja
more power? if i remember correctly ..but maybe i'm wrong..it was less then a horsepower..or maybe 1 or 2 ponies.
My point is that bikes change so much every year now that beating a 99 on an '03 is far from a fair assesment.......apples and oranges.
my point also was the R6 was written off this year by many because it lacked the major overhaul that the cbr and Zx got.......Look at the ama 600 results.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by Catatonic
Not for nothing but a race between all '03's would be a better test of which is faster......I love 636's but the '03 R6 got no props in the pre-season because of the 636 and the Honda 600rr and then it came out with more power and killer handling.
Came out with more power than the ZX6RR, but defitinitely not the 636 - which should have won the championship against 750's (and all those bikes are so heavily modded, that comparing a street bike to a race bike is also apples against oranges.)

·
Registered
80 Posts
The 600 class isnt really modded at all.....Not that the 6r is a bad bike nor the cbr but the fact remains that the R6 got no props in the pre-season. My original point was that you cant compare a 4 year old bike to a new one.....too many changes. as far as the 636 "shoulda" won the 750 clas you have to remember that the Gsxr 7 fiddy makes the power of an R1 with killer handling so its not a bad rap on the 636 to not be able to overtake it.
All B.s aside there isnt a abd 600 to own right now and with some parity coming in the 1k class it sure is a good time to be a rider. peace

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.