Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost to the day I bought my bike (I bought it 6 months ago with 82 miles... not 8200 82!) and I have the damnest time turning the key and sometimes I cant even turn it. I have to knock it loose (its stuck on something)... now after I get the key turned the cap wont pop up... WTF... anyone else have this problem?

-- by "knocking it loose" it means tapping around the key hole gently.

·
Registered
121 Posts
check and make sure ur key isnt bent. i had a problem like this but with my ignition and after a couple days i noticed my key was slightly bent so i bent it back and turns like butter.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yea my key got bent too. and now it rattles like a motherfucker in the ignition from like 8k-10k. i know they fucked up like that from the factory and its always buzzed in that range but now its really loud. pisses me off.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, ill spray some lube down tom. i tried it once.. it worked, but it appeared again, worse... I wasnt sure if this was common for Kaws or not.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Dont use CHAIN LUBE!!!. It is going to tend to be sticky and is not a great lubricant for parts that have really small parts in them.

Go and buy some actual graphite lock lubricant. Lowes or Home Depot will have it. Make sure your key is straight and not bent. I used to have a habit of putting my key in my back pocket, then when I sat down it would sometimes bend it.

N

·
0 Posts
hmm,,,worked great on my 04 when the key started to stick. never happened again. oh well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.