Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY neutral light dosnt come on when the bike is in neutral. I have to pull in the clutch and lift it up a little bit and have the kickstand up in order to start it. I dont have any turnsignals on it yet. but I'm waiting for my rear intergrated signal to come in. any ideas whats wrong? I can see if I can upload a vid or something later. post it from myspace or youtube.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
bike should start in neutral with the kickstand down with the clutch out, mine also starts with the clutch in and kickstand up in 1st gear

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Well if the light doesn't work, it won't start in neutral.

Would check the neutral sensor first, it's an bronze age spring activated pressure switch, if I remember correct. Should be somehere on the block around the shift lever.

·
Registered
177 Posts
definately sounds like a loose cable or defective Neutral sensor...

Check the wires and make sure they arent loose

do you have the manual it should tell you where to check that... its under the front sprocket cover tho..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what do I do when I take off the front sprocket cover? I would like to see the neutral light and have the stand down and start it. I dont care if i have to pull the clutch in.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
what do I do when I take off the front sprocket cover? I would like to see the neutral light and have the stand down and start it. I dont care if i have to pull the clutch in.
Test the switch for continuity in the neutral position.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts