Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I know yes its a bike so I was pretty confident that I was gunna win, but it is a bad ass cobra, putting down 500whp and et streets on the back so no traction issues. We went from a 20 roll and I pulled about 3 cars instantly and he started to reel me in at around 120. Then we raced from an 80 roll and I pulled maybe a car and he pulled right up next to me and went by at around 135ish. We made a few pulls, but then it got dark and cooled down alot and his car pulled so much harder (for those that dont know, turbochargers and superchargers like cool air) but all in all I was very happy with my bike and It definatly has plenty of power for me, but I do plan on doing alot to it. Now he just keeps asking when I wanna go from a stop....yea right lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
Good races. I raced a 494rwhp 300ZXTT and around 120mph he began to pull me. If you have close to 500rwhp you will pull a 600cc bike up top. From a low roll or a stop (if you can ride) you should pull him everytime till 120mph.

Sounds like you had a good night tonight.

BTW: "Well I know yes its a bike so I was pretty confident that I was gunna win" do not be so confident. Not trying to be an asshole or anything but a 600cc bike is not that hard to beat. A liter bike is a completely different story. I have been in a share of cars that have beat 600cc sport bikes up top, say after 100mph. Single Turbo Supras, Ported Eaton KB or whipple Cobras, Heads & Cam vettes, supercharged vettes, heads & Cam vipers the list is endless.

Anyway good kill and be safe.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My cousin has a 06 GTO 400hp Stock with minor work done to it ( Headers,SLP exhaust,K-N,Rims with like 285's on the back, not sure if he has a programmer) . But anyway he can pull me all day up top. Weve raced countless times over the last 6 months and on the highway I really have to concentrate and get my shifts just right and not hit the rev limiter jsut to stay behind him. I know I dont have a 636 and just a 600 but still he leaves me really easily, its like he has so much power in the top end its ridiculus. I nail it in like 4th doin over 120 and he can just slowely....not crazy fast...pass me right by untill im 2 cars behind him. Now from a dead stop weve raced and he thought that he would do better there but I didnt even half to get on it hard to leave him. But he will eventually catch up to me. But let me tell u something his car sounds like the shit passing me, it gets me goin everytime.

Now ive raced like stock 05-06 gt mustangs and they arent shit, I can walk right by them. Another car that destroyed me and really pissed me off was that super mercedes SL55 amg whatever, it totally whipped my ass from like a 55mhp roll. I mean it literally left me like I wasnt even giving it gas, I went home and looked all over the internet about that car and saw that a with a old lady driving with the air on that car can run in the 11's all day long, so I wasnt to upset about that loss.

Now what im trying to find is one of the new ZO6's. I was toying with on the other day but he wasnt down. Those are supposed to be 11.29's in the 1\4 also. 505 hp super corvette.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by OhFive636
Well I know yes its a bike so I was pretty confident that I was gunna win, but it is a bad ass cobra, putting down 500whp and et streets on the back so no traction issues. We went from a 20 roll and I pulled about 3 cars instantly and he started to reel me in at around 120. Then we raced from an 80 roll and I pulled maybe a car and he pulled right up next to me and went by at around 135ish. We made a few pulls, but then it got dark and cooled down alot and his car pulled so much harder (for those that dont know, turbochargers and superchargers like cool air) but all in all I was very happy with my bike and It definatly has plenty of power for me, but I do plan on doing alot to it. Now he just keeps asking when I wanna go from a stop....yea right lol
500HP is a lot of HP but without changing the gearing you should still pull away from him. I doubt that car is set up to run a 10 sec 1/4 mile. Not ragging on you at all because street racing is very dangerouse.

However, the 636 is good for a "SOLID" 170 the cobra is good for about 150 at best. The handling is very poor. My friend had two Cobra's sold then sold them and drives an M5 now.

The Cobra is to unstable to go faster than 130 140 and feel like it's still planted on the ground.

If you slowed because it was dark then you did the right thing, but no way they should keep up unless the road was really twisty and the cobra was set up with a nice suspension.

Good run none the less.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by VR6

500HP is a lot of HP but without changing the gearing you should still pull away from him. I doubt that car is set up to run a 10 sec 1/4 mile. Not ragging on you at all because street racing is very dangerouse.

However, the 636 is good for a "SOLID" 170 the cobra is good for about 150 at best. The handling is very poor. My friend had two Cobra's sold them. He drives an M5 now.

The Cobra is to unstable to go faster than 130 140.

If you slowed because it was dark then you did the right thing, but no way they should keep up unless the road was really twisty and the cobra was set up with a nice suspension.

Good run none the less.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Okay at speed the torque will pull off first but you should real the car back.

I have not heard any cobra doing 175MPH; and that what it would take to pass a 636 on an open clear HWY.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I raced my buddy's 94 cobra 5.0 and romped on him. 300HP, and I was done with him when I hit 2nd.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I walk 'charged 5.0's all day from almost any roll. Haven't had the chance try one from 80+mph rolls, but anything below 60 is a cake walk.

You'd be surprised how many idiots out here think their Mustangs are the fastest things ever created.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
My buddy has a 2002 Grand Prix GTP with around 450FRHP (removed the SC and installed a turbo and a huge list of other goddies). Anyway, I can walk away from him most of the time until around 120. After that, it sort of becomes a stalemate.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Originally posted by raze
I walk 'charged 5.0's all day from almost any roll. Haven't had the chance try one from 80+mph rolls, but anything below 60 is a cake walk.

You'd be surprised how many idiots out here think their Mustangs are the fastest things ever created.

This is a real funny topic because I just got in the door from goin out with my buddy who has a pretty mean ass 5.0. I dunno if I could have beat him on the bike or not..He's got a gix 1000 too so hes got me beat all around lol..

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by raze

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife and I were heading back from a ride/drive last Sunday. I was riding and she was driving my 06 stock GT (300hp). At about 65 we lined up, hit it hard and she started to pull away... then I caught her at about 105 and it was over from there. I was surprised at how fast the GT pulled away... but then pleasantly surprised when my 636 waved bye bye.

Sure, the GT can't take my bike.. but it holds me over on rainy days! ;)

Ride safe!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Kind of off topic, but funny...

I was riding my buddies 2005 ZX-10R w/ full Muzzy, K&N, PCIII.
He was riding another friends 2003 GSX-R 600 Al-Stare edition, bone stock.
From ~60mph Kawi in 6th and Gixxer in 3rd = Kawi runs away
From ~40mph Kawi in 6th and Gixxer in 3rd = Kawi pulls even, then runs away.
From ~60mph Kawi in 6th and Gixxer in 2nd = Gixxer gets two lengths until ~75mph, then Kawi runs away
From ~40mph Kawi in 6th and Gixxer in 2nd = Gixxer gets one length until ~55mph, then Kawi runs away
From ~50mph Kawi in 2nd and Gixxer in 2nd = Kawi eats the Gixxer, then shits out pocket bikes.

I was honestly scared to go to WOT on the 10R, fucking stupid/scary fast!! Wow.

--David

=====================================================
Edit: I had the gear(s) wrong, it is all good now!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
VR6, you are speaking on a topic of which you have no knowledge. My '00 GT will do 150 all day. A bone stock 03/04 SVT is capable of much higher speeds. Danbury, huh? You MUST work for PB. :)

That being said, I raced a Kenne Bell blown 03/04 cobra one night. We went from a 60-70 roll. I was bouncing off the rev limiter in 2nd, because he was sideways and all I could think of was "holy shit, he's going to bounce off the wall and take me out." Once he straightened out and I got re-focused on the race and shifted, he pulled ~3 cars on me and we held there until we both let out, well into the triple digits. That guy was a friend of a friend. I believe he was putting in the area of 600 hp to the ground.

Oh and Mr. VR6, if you happen to find an 03/04 SVT in some twisties someday, watchout.

Edit: I wanted to add, that my car is completely stable at those speeds. I can and have steered it with my pinky. I'm sure I don't have to go into the superior suspension setup that the SVT uses...

·
Registered
61 Posts
First off 600cc or 636cc sport bikes aren't hard to beat at all on the hwy... Yes they will jump you until about 90mph but then it's over if you have a decent car. I have a 04 zx6rr and a 06 zx10r both well modded and my my 6rr will beat up most stock cars like Mustangs and pre 05 corvetts etc. I also have a 1993 300ZX TT which has 444WHP on pump gas and I have beaten GSXR750's on the hwy. My best freind has a 04 Audi A6 Turbo that puts out around 380HP and gives my 6RR a good run. My zx10R will walk away from just about anything this side of a ferrari no problems but it's a liter bike and it should do that. For those of you that think your ZX6R or RR will do 170+ you're sadly mistaken...with stock gearing a zx6r will top out at around 155 your speado reads 170 but it's not correct. My 10R tops out at 186 with stock gears I know because my brother is a county sheriff and clocked me in 6th gear in red line. So before you guys with the 600's try toying with some street cars, remember it only takes about 400 hp and tall gearing for that car next to you to show you their tailights. ;)

G

·
there is a mustang here in orlando that ive seen many times on weekends where the muscle cars like to gather. heard it has close to 1000HP. never seen him race but i'd love to see how bad it eats bikes.

·
Registered
785 Posts
155? You're kidding...right?

Sorry to tell you, that's bullshit. Not to start a flame war, but I know for a FACT that my bike is capable of over 155. I've been next to a vette at about 160 or so, and a few other buddies of mine with a CBR 1000RR and a built GSX-R 1100 and I can run with them until about 170, then they dust me.

My speedo has reached 176, and believe me...I was moving faster than 155. I don't know the actual top speed, nor should I find out. But 155 is garbage.

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Latest issue of sport rider has it printed all the top speeds of all the 600 class bikes, the RR is 156 gear limited, I forgot what the R was. But im sure there right, my bike will say im doin 170 but im not doin no where near that, more like 145-150. Its the wind foolin ya!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.