Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im stuck between two loves my current 2004 636 and then ive always liked to suzuki gsxr 750. My brother is getting a 05+ R1 next season and i was curious if the 636 or the 750 is even compareable to the R1.

Granted i know the R1 is crushing in the power difference, but im more into the cornering and twisties rather than doing 160mph on the highway.

What im asking is, is the R1 just as good in the turns as a 636 or a 750 or should i look at possibly a zx10?

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see on the 636 ive topped out 5th gear, and i have no0 chicken stips. im not saying im out growing the bike, but i want more out of a bike...

I dont want a liter bike, b/c there just to big and I want to prove to my brother im a better rider. So with that said I want to beat his R1 in the twisties, back roads, track days etc.. with a smaller bike.

I wont have to worry about the highway runs so much, b/c hes affraid after 75mph since his crash... but hes been improving so who knows.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Alright i will be straight with here...

If your bud wont go over 75mph You will eat him up, with your 636, IF YOU GET SOME SUSPENSION work done.
Nothing is more important then suspension..
With the powerband of the R1 he is riding, he doesnt have shit for power even in 1st gear till he is well over 7,000Rpm and given the R1 will pull 105mph your saying he wont ride it like that, so you will have no issues...

If he was riding the bike to its potential then i would say GSXR750 and then you should have no worries if you are a better rider.
130HP is more then enough to handle any liter bike on the streets

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the Gsxr 750 is more than compatable (spell?) with the R1?

my brother is advancing ok i guess... he's been riding alot longer than me and has more experince. when he wrecked 3 years ago he was kinda shady on a bike, but since then hes put over 20000 miles on 3 bikes. His current bike 04 zx6rr is what scared him.

he got it, and the same day took the bike over 100+... granted he hasnt rider prior in a year. so when he took the bike that fast it scared him. now that the season is ending he's getting better. He swears up and down next season he will be handing me my ass, but i doubt it. so with him getting a R1 i want something close in power so only SKILL will prove the better rider. Sorry if this didnt make any sence lol.

G

·
its all about rider skill. ive seen track guys rip thru twisties on liter bikes. but they had the skill and experience. a 600 will be easier to get comfortable with b/c the power is concentrated in one part of the RPM range.

G

·
depends on what u want out of it. if ur after 180 hp, then no.

if u want ur 600 to be slightly faster/corner better than other 600's, then yes.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I'd pick a zx10 over the r1, your buddy wil be pissed that you have the better bike. You'll be happy that the bike is so similar to the 636 you've got. And the thing corners pretty well too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What i want in a bike is a really good handler in the twisties, and i wanna be able to lift the front up without having to beat the shit out of it.

my 636 is a awesome ass bike, and i love it to death, but too many small problems are starting to add up. Which is expected on anything, but i dunno is 8000 miles too late to start modding?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Go with the zx10-r, its actually smaller and more nimble than my 636 in the corners, or atleast it feels that way. And no one is gonna keep up with you on the straights.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by Raging636<br>What i want in a bike is a really good handler in the twisties, and i wanna be able to lift the front up without having to beat the shit out of it.

my 636 is a awesome ass bike, and i love it to death, but too many small problems are starting to add up. Which is expected on anything, but i dunno is 8000 miles too late to start modding?
How about you try 34k on my bike? no problems since day one. any questions? thank you. haha

·
Registered
569 Posts
Originally posted by Raging636
ok, im stuck between two loves my current 2004 636 and then ive always liked to suzuki gsxr 750. My brother is getting a 05+ R1 next season and i was curious if the 636 or the 750 is even compareable to the R1.

Granted i know the R1 is crushing in the power difference, but im more into the cornering and twisties rather than doing 160mph on the highway.

What im asking is, is the R1 just as good in the turns as a 636 or a 750 or should i look at possibly a zx10?

Thanks Rick
the 636 does 160

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.