Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[B)]I went to the NYC Jacob Javits and saw all the hot new bikes. They were all very nice, but I still like my 02 ZX6R. It still looks new and is a great daily bike. No it does not have the latest trick stuff, but I still enjoy the bike. For the record, that Orange ZX10R is "Sick". That means it looks good. The rear on the bike looks aftermarket.

On another note, I am not ready for a ZX10R. I am not sure how many of you realize how fast a liter bike is. Imagine crusing at 9000 all the time, that's how they feel to me. You can't just get on and wack the throttle like a 600. When I can wheelie for at least a block and do rolling burn outs and rolling endos, I'll think about it. Litre bike are very unforgiving. A little to much throttle in the moring around a corner and your done.

For those who can handle the power, I envy your skills. So you new jacks that have one or two seasons under your butt think again.

I wish I had the skills to ride a ZX10R like I can ride my 6R now.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by VR6
[B)]I went to the NYC Jacob Javits and saw all the hot new bikes. They were all very nice, but I still like my 02 ZX6R. It still looks new and is a great daily bike. No it does not have the latest trick stuff, but I still enjoy the bike. For the record, that Orange ZX10R is "Sick". That means it looks good. The rear on the bike looks aftermarket.

On another note, I am not ready for a ZX10R. I am not sure how many of you realize how fast a liter bike is. Imagine crusing at 9000 all the time, that's how they feel to me. You can't just get on and wack the throttle like a 600. When I can wheelie for at least a block and do rolling burn outs and rolling endos, I'll think about it. Litre bike are very unforgiving. A little to much throttle in the moring around a corner and your done.

For those who can handle the power, I envy your skills. So you new jacks that have one or two seasons under your butt think again.

If the 10R isn't your deal maybe you should check out the 636. Though it might not sound like it, those extra cc's make some nice fat midrange and horsepower. By far the fastest stock 600 I ever ridden. It feels more like my friends 750 suzuki. It's good middle ground, and one hell of a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by VR6

I agree. I had a 2001 zx6r and going from a 01 to an 03 was like apples and oranges. it liter and faster but it got me into trouble. but still like the bike;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by VR6

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by VR6
[B)]

When do you think you'll be ready? .. I have a 636 now w/ 4k miles(one season) and feel pretty competent (regular riding atleast ... being able to wheelie for a block is also a goal of mine ... currently on a good day I can bring it up in 1st throttle only or clutch it up) and sometimes I feel I could ride the shit outta a liter bike but after reading the ZX10R reviews something tells me that this bitch dont play and she'll bitch slap my ass if my skillz are not on point. Oh well, I plan on riding alot harder (street + track) this coming season and I'll see how I feel after that.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by JimmyG
Originally posted by VR6
[B)]

When do you think you'll be ready? .. I have a 636 now w/ 4k miles(one season) and feel pretty competent (regular riding atleast ... being able to wheelie for a block is also a goal of mine ... currently on a good day I can bring it up in 1st throttle only or clutch it up) and sometimes I feel I could ride the shit outta a liter bike but after reading the ZX10R reviews something tells me that this bitch dont play and she'll bitch slap my ass if my skillz are not on point. Oh well, I plan on riding alot harder (street + track) this coming season and I'll see how I feel after that.
I had a 1994 zx7, now the 02 ZX6R, I have clocked 165MPH on a straight. I can get on a Liter bike and ride like a punk ass. But me on my 600R, if I see you looking shook on the street and I see you got a 750+ bike, ohhh it's on. I am looking to shut that ass down. Ohh it will be awhile before I raise up to a 9 or 1000. I can do short wheelies I can endo, I can do rolling burn outs, I can rip on the HWY in the rain, I just don't think I can do that on a 1000,they are not for giving. When I feel as comfortable in My GTI as I do on the Bike I'll raise up. Let's just say, I don't ever see me being that good on a bike. Been driving VW's since I was 15 now I am 36

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by VR6
When I feel as comfortable in My GTI as I do on the Bike I'll raise up. Let's just say, I don't ever see me being that good on a bike. Been driving VW's since I was 15 now I am 36
I see I still have a long way to go :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
moving up to a liter bike like the 10R...timing is not a matter that you can quantify...

I have a Green 2001 ZX6R, currently at 36,000kms and before that I had a Blue 2001 ZX6R on which I did 22,000kms before it got burnt down in a garage fire thanks to my dad's ford.

I am also a club racer for the past two years on the same ZX6R. currently holding an Amatuer Licence.

Yet, I seriously doubt I would enjoy the 10R as much as the 6R. Just something about being able to redline in every gear, without getting into serious trouble.... I dunno I think I am just too used to my 6R...I know it well. :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
wheelie for a block,,,come on guys lets raise the bar a bit:Djust kiddn. im goin from a 96 zx6r to the zx10r. im not plannin on racing it, i live in oklahoma and there isnt any kind of street race circut here. i like ridin wheelies though, my longest was on my buddies 954, a little over a 1/4 mile, a buddy in my bike club can for on for miles, literaly, im not so sure how good it is on his bike, but he was marked at 1 and 9 tenths of a mile, he can swirve avound trafic, do high chairs, tank wheelies, all kinds of ill stuff, where called the 54boyz, cuz we basicly toon over a section of road on 54th sterre in my tole, its awsome, its a strip ofd road about 3/4 a mile long, never any trafic no cops, normaly, its where a lot of learned to ride, any way, im a prety big boy to, 6'5" 235, so hopefullly ill be able to learn how to ride my zx10, ttyl
54boyz4eva

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.