Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I purchased an 06 GSX-R600 about two months ago. My FI light has been coming on daily every since the 500 mile mark. The bike has been back to the dealer twice and they can't get the light to come on...lol. This FI issue is a widespread problem with the 06 GSX, and there dosen't seem to be a definite fix for it.

Frankly, I'm tired of the drama, and I really want to get rid of the thing. I know every bike has its flaws, but this FI issue is just getting old.

I was looking to make a return to Team Green (06 636), and wanted to know of any problems I could encounter if I decided to get the 'lil green monster...Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
You will have all sorts of problems with it, like wiping the grin off your face, keeping the front end on the ground, out running your buddies on thier 600 bikes in the straights and leaving the liter bikes in the dust on corners. ;)

Honestly, I have had my bike for just over 2 months now and have had NO issues with it at all. I bought it with 258 miles on the clock (used but basically new still) and have over 3500 miles on it now. I absolutly love to ride this bike. Enough power to get stupid with and great handling in the canyons. And ignore all the people that come on telling you to watch out for the tranny. The tranny in this bike is no different than any other bike and works just fine.

Actually, I did just think of one issue. The lack of storage space on the bike. Not sure what the storage is like on the '06 Gixxer but there basically isn't any on the 05/06 6r/rr. I have a bag strappes to the passenger seat for carrying stuff. Doesn't look that great but I can live with it and it holds pretty much anything I need to have with me while out riding besides insurance and registration. those actually DO fit under the seat :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
If I was you I would actually keep the gixxer. I have had both and am planning on going back to it. The kawi is good and handles great but there is just something about the gsxr that I have always liked. I like the fact the tank seems wider than most. That too me seems to be good for gripping with my knees and great on the track for my knees to hold onto. The only time I ever had my FI light come on on my other gsxr was on one wheel and when I hit the rev limiter. I would turn the bike off while moving and then flip the switch back on and the light would go away. You could always give that a shot. Otherwise you could always check out gixxer.com. Good group of guys there and always very helpful and wont flame you for your questions.

·
Registered
738 Posts
my cousin and i rode together to the us gp this year. his 06 gsxr 600 overheated twice and the f.i. light came on a few times too. my 06 zx6r had no issues at all.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Originally posted by kawboyrider
Well, I purchased an 06 GSX-R600 about two months ago. My FI light has been coming on daily every since the 500 mile mark. The bike has been back to the dealer twice and they can't get the light to come on...lol. This FI issue is a widespread problem with the 06 GSX, and there dosen't seem to be a definite fix for it.

Frankly, I'm tired of the drama, and I really want to get rid of the thing. I know every bike has its flaws, but this FI issue is just getting old.

I was looking to make a return to Team Green (06 636), and wanted to know of any problems I could encounter if I decided to get the 'lil green monster...Thanks guys.

well first off why dont you check www.gixxer.com for your answers. Your not gonna find anything out on KawiForums about you GSXR.

The problem you are having alot of other people have had and cure. Its the exhaust valve. Go there and find the fix. The def. fix for it is to remove the servo and the clip the wire. Now you have learned your lesson to take shit to the dealership.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by racedfila749

well first off why dont you check www.gixxer.com for your answers. Your not gonna find anything out on KawiForums about you GSXR.

The problem you are having alot of other people have had and cure. Its the exhaust valve. Go there and find the fix. The def. fix for it is to remove the servo and the clip the wire. Now you have learned your lesson to take shit to the dealership.
Thank you for your reply, but I did not post on this forum looking for a "fix." I was merely discussing an issue I had with my gixxer. I am a member of gixxer.com, however I prefer that any "fix" be done by my suzuki dealer. I am not in the habit of doing repairs myself. Its one thing if the dealer makes an error, but it is another if I make an error. But again, thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Just remember that all makers have their lemons and grelins... Sorry to hear about the issues with your Gix, but no one can promise you will get a perfect Kawi, Yamaha or Honda either.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Originally posted by 5thGen
I would trade your gsxr for mine any day. Keep it dude, you won't regret it.
[:++1][:Dumbass][:++1]

Thank you for your reply, but I did not post on this forum looking for a "fix." I was merely discussing an issue I had with my gixxer. I am a member of gixxer.com, however I prefer that any "fix" be done by my suzuki dealer. I am not in the habit of doing repairs myself. Its one thing if the dealer makes an error, but it is another if I make an error. But again, thank you for your reply.
ou should remove the exhaust valve. They really have a good write up on how to remove it on gixxer.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.