Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have read the front fits, but what is needed? Will the rear fit so i have matching rims? I like the look of the rims over the 3 spoke rims. Rotors, do they fit? I really would love to do the rim swap once i need new tires, or sooner i guess, just need to find out if they fit so i can buy some when i see a good deal, my rims are both dented, and i dont want to replace with stockers.
Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one knows? Would really make my bike look awsome, anyone know of any aftermarket rims possibly then?
Ben

·
Registered
181 Posts
...what bike u tryen to put em on...on my bike the front one fit wid no problem..dint have to do any mods what so ever..for the back ive yet to try...but all u need for the front is the spacers that come with the 05-06 rims and ill bolt right on..well thats for my bike that is....from whats on ur info thing to the left it looks like u already have 636 rims on

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i got a 98 not a 06 like it says lol, and its the same as the 98-02 zx6r and 05-07 zzr600, I knew the front would bolt up, how about the front rotors? And you plan on doing the rear? I would like to know because i like the look of the rims over the 3 mag/spoke look.
Ben

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool, let me know when you get them on, i would like to buy some but am worried i will be waisting 400+ bucks. Any one know if the 05-06 is 520 chain or the same as ours? Because you would need a 520 conversion front sprocket.
Ben

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea its 520..it comes stock like that..u should have no problems with that part..but heres a pic for my front one..rotars fit and work fine..i didnt have to do anything to it..

for the back..i ono if im gona put the back one on...tryen to keep the tail section yellow...unless i paint the 05 rim yellow in the back..that might be a good posibility..but for now im keepen it that way...im also thinken of puten the 05-06 upside down forks on this bike..that think that would look reall nice and feall reall nice to have the front end of a 05-06 zx6 on it.:D..but thats not in the near future jus yet[:p]

·
Registered
464 Posts
So I have this straight:

You put the wheel and rotors and spacers from an 05/06 636 onto an 05-06zzr/98-02zx6r correct? And to do this you kept your stock suspension, axle, and brake calipers? I was under the impresion that that the 05-06 636`s had calipers that were mounted differently than the older model??? was that an issue?

I think you might have issues with the rear wheel with the disc lining up, I know the 636's brake caliper is mounted diferently due to the banana swingarm. Of course you could always do the whole singarm conversion... but then you may as well just buy the freekin 636:D

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i am sure you could make spacers to make the rotor fit on the rear, i just love the look of the new rims over the old ones.
Ben

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea i had no problems at all puting that rim on...it fit perfectly fine..i was pritty suprized actually..but u most definetly dont need to do any mods to the front at all to get that sucker on there...jus take the old one off throw the new one on wid the 05 06 spacers..and BOOM u gots urself a front 05-06 636 rim on ur 98-02 zx6 ....but for the back...havent tried it...so cant help u on that one..hehe:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
anyone figure the rear out yet? also i saw someone mentioned swappin the whole swing arm over, anyone try that either?

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought about maybe this winter a swingarm and front end conversion...

·
Registered
939 Posts
cant remember who bid the 05 636 swingarm swap.
but someone did i write up on it. i think it only had to have spacers made becuase the pivot was the same size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.