Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reason I ask is because when I am racing and bringing the bike up to 15,000 rpms and shifting hard the bike seems to have a delay. Now I have been driving stick since I was 15, now 23, and I completely understand what a fried clutch feels like. The clutch doesn't seem burnt up, it just feels weak or maybe just not as grabby as I would like it to be. My bike is an 06 636 and has 2,400 miles on it. Anyone else experience this or know what I am talking about?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I'll take a guess and say it has something todo w the SLIPPER CLUTCH.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Back-torque limiting clutch - helps reduce rear-wheelhop that may occur when downshifting a high rpm.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have a 06 with 3200 miles on it and I replaced my clutch around 2400. I burnt it pacticing 2nd gear clutch ups. I know I was just learning them but it burnt way to easy. I bought cheap aftermarket clutch plates because I wanted to still to learn how to clutch it up and didnt want to waste over $100 bucks burning up oem plates again. I've done WAY more clutch wheelies with the cheap plates and haven't had a problem.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not do clutch ups at all so that's not it. And I have been racing dirtbikes since I was 8yrs old so I feel extremely confident with my clutch skills.

To rainking1978 it does not occur on downshifting. I match rev pretty well.

It mainly occurs when shifting hard from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd. Again it's very minimal but there is a slight hesitation.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine does that (a little hesitation) from 2nd to 3rd.My brothers as well...I don't know if it's something to do with the slipper clutch but its definately lacking some response there.[V]

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Cyrus my buddies 06 636 does the same thing and I thought something was wrong with out bikes.

But just out of curosity do they make an upgraded clutch for the 05/06 636?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
mabe try stiffer springs. i dont know if this will help, but i would thank mabe so. on the down side, your clutch will be harder to squeeze.

·
Registered
66 Posts
well as far a weak clutch...i would say that can be argued...but i would say it pretty substantial as far as a stock clutch would go...i aways used after market clutchs on my dirtbikes...(worked better for me) but again..if yer racing alot and shifting a 14000 or 15000 rpms its gunna wear it down a lot faster the just everyday driving. if its not burnt it still may be worn. i just changed the clutch with new oem....(if i have any probs with this i am going aftermarket) but i dont notice any hesitation.. (i burnt out the clutch on my 06 with 2000 miles...practicing burnouts and clutch ups on the bike

G

·
i posted something about clutch slip back in february i think when i first got my 05. i thought maybe it was just me, but seems like more people are having this hesitation/slippage. im still having this problem on my bike. ill have to look into just replacing the clutch soon and hope for the best.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
never really felt this on my bike just the power trail off at high rpm, kinda like a slight delay as you say...
felt like my RC51 did when it had th soft rev limiter on it.

As far as the slipper clutch goes,it saved my as on 1 trackday.
something about running 2 bikes with different shift patterns.
and forgeting for a minute which bike and pattern your using.
not good when shifting into 3rd gear full throttle slightly leaned over....needless to say the rear tire was spinning and bouncing around ALOT..something like a 35ft ****** with intermittant open spots in it.damnlucky i wasnt high sided..

Now i have an arrow on the top yoke for which pattern the bike is.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes blue63606 I have an Akrapovic slip on. My mechanic is telling me to get a power commander b/c I am running lean at that high of an RPM and I am getting too much air and not enough fuel so I am loosing power which is causing the slight hesitation.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah thats what i was thinking beacuse i havent upgraded my pipe yet..and i havnt noticed when i take it to the dragstrip....so i was thinkin other then the clutch what eles could it be thats why i ask...well i would say that this maybe the issue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.