Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reason I ask is because when I am racing and bringing the bike up to 15,000 rpms and shifting hard the bike seems to have a delay. Now I have been driving stick since I was 15, now 23, and I completely understand what a fried clutch feels like. The clutch doesn't seem burnt up, it just feels weak or maybe just not as grabby as I would like it to be. My bike is an 06 636 and has 2,400 miles on it. Anyone else experience this or know what I am talking about?

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not do clutch ups at all so that's not it. And I have been racing dirtbikes since I was 8yrs old so I feel extremely confident with my clutch skills.

To rainking1978 it does not occur on downshifting. I match rev pretty well.

It mainly occurs when shifting hard from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd. Again it's very minimal but there is a slight hesitation.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Cyrus my buddies 06 636 does the same thing and I thought something was wrong with out bikes.

But just out of curosity do they make an upgraded clutch for the 05/06 636?

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes blue63606 I have an Akrapovic slip on. My mechanic is telling me to get a power commander b/c I am running lean at that high of an RPM and I am getting too much air and not enough fuel so I am loosing power which is causing the slight hesitation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.