Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 05 636...and have recently come to find out that the new law for obscured tag in FL results in a 1000 dollar fine...fucking ridiculous pigs. Anyways, to avoid Jonny Law, I have decided to move it back to near the stock position, but don't have the stock shit. It has an Akro can. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, I'm stumped.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
bitter much?

Just reweld the tag to the upright position. Done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
what are we working with a stock exhaust with the bolts still attached or a aftermarket exhaust there are plenty of things that you can use just let us know that way we can help you in the right direction.

·
Registered
78 Posts
lol oops well for some reason i didnt see that but that makes it a little more complicated but heres a couple ideas:

1st there are two bolts relatively close in between the driver and passenger seat they will allow you to mount the plate by drilling two holes on the plate and use 10mm LOCKING nuts

2nd idea is got to a hardware store and purchase some of the largest hose clamps you can find un-screw them then screw them together to fit around the exhaust can then also pick up 2 small but longer strips of metal and bend them into triangles and drill a hole at the top of the triangle mount them by sliding the hose clamps through the base of the triangles then bolt the plate on and go riding (just a warning this will put the plate close to the tire check for clearance issues)

if u need any more ideas or this just doesnt work let me know ill help as much as i can good luck!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ive seen some pretty nice custom swing arm plate mounts around on some RC51's around here, IM pretty sure the desighn could be adapted to a Kawi.

·
Registered
105 Posts
well when i bought my bike i immediately purchased an overpriced (120.00)kit and after being pulled over several times for the plate being located too low and unreadable. i modified the kit bracket which brought it up higher but resulted in it rubbing the tire when i had a passenger. so i trashed the stupid thing and went doen to the hardware store and purchased a 2-pack of flat T brackets for 3.95 used only 1 and bent it down to attach the plate and used an xisting hole on my leo vince bracket to rivet the Tto it now it is away from the tire and legal.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
dude, just drill under the tail, mount it there, and be sure to pierce the ECU while at it! :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
dude, just drill under the tail, mount it there, and be sure to pierce the ECU while at it! :D
This is exactly what I did, minus piercing the ECU, lol. Under the ecu on the black plastic of the 'under seat' there should be what looks like a divet or a bump on the outside of the plastic if I remember correctly. I drilled one larger hole for the wiring and two smaller holes on both sides and just mounted my stock license plate light there. I then mounted my plate underneath it.

There's plenty of wiring for the light to make it over there. I'll try and snag a pic today during lunch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts