Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
yes sir i was one of them, cant wait to see the finished product.

-sean

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey Pinebox, I'm down in Provo, and I wouldn't mind heading up to see what's goin on with the prototypes... I'd be down to be a guinea pig too...... Either way, let me know if you'd be cool with me swinging by sometime.

·
Registered
495 Posts
balthasar,
on your pics there, the first one would be cool however he already makes one thats a shorty gp, for the 03/04 year but if you search his website you'll see all you have to do is swap the 03/04 head pipe on to the 05/06 its a direct swap and there ya go a shorty gp.
the second pic that wouldnt work, that would just look plainly retarded on our bikes, and yes his exhaust for our bikes are a undertail look at the already finished products for the 07 and you'll pretty much get the idea.

-sean

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The shorty "GP" style won't work very well. The joint at the end of the header is too close to the side. All you would get is a straight piece of pipe with a slash cut on the end.

The 03/04 header swap isn't too much work. Besides, the 03/04 headers don't have a catalytic converter in it. So, you would gain a ton from just the header swap and loosing the cat.

As far as the 05/06 under-tail goes.......
The prototype is done, and INSTALLED!!

More info tomorrow!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Pinebox! Would it be cool if I came up to visit shop or something this week?

·
Registered
68 Posts
is there any good header set up that would work well with this exhaust? i've been debating on what to do next, and i love the way your exhaust looks, but want the full system. have you tried any combos to see if it works well?

i've been waiting for this exhaust for quite some time, the pricing and look is great.

work fastar! ! : )

·
Registered
495 Posts
is there any good header set up that would work well with this exhaust? i've been debating on what to do next, and i love the way your exhaust looks, but want the full system. have you tried any combos to see if it works well?

i've been waiting for this exhaust for quite some time, the pricing and look is great.

work fastar! ! : )
i am currently talking with him about cutting out the stock cat and welding in a catless y-pipe, as well as using his exhaust.
because the r6 guys do this with their head pipes with the stock can have seen a 15-20 hp gain tuned. (i believe).
so let me and him work this out and see how well it works, when the time comes ill post my results.

-sean

·
Registered
406 Posts
ive been looking at the hr1, motowerkz, and pinebox exhaust, i like the look of the hr1 and pine im am really interested in the pine hope to see some updates soon

1 - 20 of 46 Posts