Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone can help me and tell me if the 05/06 rims fit on the 03/04 with any modifications, can they just be swapped out?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they look a whole lot better

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone tell me where to get the spacers? The guy at the local bike shop told me it couldn't be done and I told him he's full of shit anything can be done if you think and put a little effort into it. He said the back would fit but the front would be a problem.

·
Registered
455 Posts
05'-06' Front wheel will fit with no mods if you use the 03'-04' rotors. If you want to go with 05'-06' rotors you will need 10mm spacers for the calipers.

05'-06' Rear wheel will fit with the spacer on the caliper side only. I don't know exact measurements, I need to pull mine off and get a measurement.

OMR know this stuff like the back of his hand.

Personally I like the 3 spokers just as much and actually looking for a 03'-04' rear, I have a 05'-06' wheel to trade or for sale if OP is interested.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I'm doing this swap over winter. Just looking for a front wheel. Someone should start pieceing together kits for this. So many people asking about it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Royce636 was making kits for the swap for like $120 per kit, all spacers included. Not sure if he still is or not.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Search. There's so many threads on this.

HoHey make kits for $65.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts