Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what all is required to swap swing arms on my 03 to an 05 06 swing arm.

·
Registered
208 Posts
can someone shed a little light on this topic for me? i know putting a 05-06 swingarm on a 03-04 can be done, we've seen the pictures. but i never found an answer on what all was involved in doing this swap. all the post's i read all kind of veared (spelling??) off the subject. someone on here has to know what all was involved in this. from what i read, the dude who did this swap got banned for some reason.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Go to kawasakiforums.com and PM user speedracer 138. He's a frequent member there and that should help out a lot.

·
Registered
270 Posts
If your going to switch out the swing arm, why not get a single sided one? for just a little more cash, you could have a really unique bike.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Originally posted by Ninja Boy
If your going to switch out the swing arm, why not get a single sided one? for just a little more cash, you could have a really unique bike.
for just a little more cash??? single sided swingarms are pretty high dollar.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hell yeah they are. I found a single sided swing-arm for the 05-06s but it was like 1700+ I wanna say. That may have even been 1700GBP even. I can't find the site as of right now....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Originally posted by ShiftyCapone
Hell yeah they are. I found a single sided swing-arm for the 05-06s but it was like 1700+ I wanna say. That may have even been 1700GBP even. I can't find the site as of right now....
I would like to see that if you can find the link please post it[:M10]

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had looked into doing this myself..still may but it seems like it might be a costly endevour.
I'm told the swingarm is a direct bolt-on, the rear shock assembly will work from either bike but you must swap out the rear rim to an 05-06 also. I'm still a little unsure about the rear brake caliper, sproket/disc and cush drive? Maybe someone can help shed some light??

·
Registered
567 Posts
That swing-arm on that bike looks bitchin'...especially with the black frame!!!

Does anyone have a close-up picture of an '05-'06 swingarm...I've looked around but I cant see the section that bolts on.

Thanks for your help...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Check e-bay..there are usually a few listed on there. I had won an e-bay auction for one a while ago..$50.
They sell pretty cheap if your patient and keep your eyes open

·
Registered
208 Posts
i am waiting to hear back from the one dude who did a swap from 05 06 swingarm to a 03 04. i need to know what all i need from a 05 06 to put on my 04.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.